Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
I Am The Walrus

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by I Am The Walrus »

This series is fantastic, for me it is the definitive collection without a doubt.
Thank you to everyone involved for this incredible work. :)
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm Also, the old series was compiled by Coltturkey and csnyfan.
From volume 5 (I think), csnyfan started to help Coltturkey, and he provided some new take reconstructions, EQ'ed mixes, etc.
The volumes that go from the White Album to the last one were done by Coltturkey only. I can't remember why, maybe csnyfan was busy doing other things.

Also, and I don't want to belittle Coltturkey's efforts, but some of his tracks had some problems (were pitch-shifted, had editing mistakes, etc.).

This series is an upgrade, which includes the best-sounding available material, and excludes tracks which have spectral artifacts and/or are not perfect (MasterJedi is planning to release an additional volume which will include the stuff that didn't make the cut in the previous volumes).

It''s fantastic. :D
Aww, that's nice to hear! I'm trying to bring the same level of excellence that Csnyfan brough to the series, just adding stuff that has come out since, fixing the tracks that he wasn't involved with, and generally streamlining things. There's always room for improvement though, so don't hesitate to provide feedback and criticism. I really want this set to be the best it can be.

BTW, I'm nearly done with the first 3 hours or so of White Album stuff. There's a LOT to go however!
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:15 pm Aww, that's nice to hear! I'm trying to bring the same level of excellence that Csnyfan brough to the series, just adding stuff that has come out since, fixing the tracks that he wasn't involved with, and generally streamlining things. There's always room for improvement though, so don't hesitate to provide feedback and criticism. I really want this set to be the best it can be.

BTW, I'm nearly done with the first 3 hours or so of White Album stuff. There's a LOT to go however!
And you're succeding! :D

I'd like to ask...
Are you going to include (maybe some) tracks from csyfan's White Album Fun thread in the next volume?
Chazarrelli

Post by Chazarrelli »

Fast lucky wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:22 pm Here is the artwork for current volumes 01 to 11.

hXXps://we.tl/t-4iTzp4hjYr

Art for vol.12 will be shared when ready.
Thank you. Any chance of a reup of this link?

Happy holidays!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:45 pm I'd like to ask...
Are you going to include (maybe some) tracks from csyfan's White Album Fun thread in the next volume?
definitely!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

I've uploaded a prototype of the first part (what I have done so far) of Volume 13. Early feedback would be much appreciated. Link is in the first post.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff masterjedi - Thank you for Proto A Volume 13 .......
steepien

Post by steepien »

A Beginning is about 1 second longer on Anthology 3 than it is on the White Album SDE, since it's not edited onto Don't Pass Me By. I think the take announcement on the SDE is edited together from different takes too (probably Takes 1 and 4?). Idk if that's worth separating.

For Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da [Take 4 SDE], is Paul not double tracked (triple tracked if you count the guide vocal) in the choruses and final verse? If he is I think that would make it Take 5, but with the bongos and saxes mixed out.
- alex (she/her)
peace and love peace and love <3
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

masterjedi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:31 am I've uploaded a prototype of the first part (what I have done so far) of Volume 13. Early feedback would be much appreciated. Link is in the first post.
Thanks for the first part of White Album sessions. Are you going to include the complete Revolution 1 take 20 that surfaced years ago?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

miggynav wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:46 am
masterjedi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:31 am I've uploaded a prototype of the first part (what I have done so far) of Volume 13. Early feedback would be much appreciated. Link is in the first post.
Thanks for the first part of White Album sessions. Are you going to include the complete Revolution 1 take 20 that surfaced years ago?
It's the first track in the vintage mixes folder, listed as RM1.