SEVENTEEN (+ EP#1 & 2 + single)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
georgefromhenley

Re: SEVENTEEN (+ EP#1 & 2)

Post by georgefromhenley »

Hi - I think I missed one version.
I have Kaempfert and Bambi.

"I remember you" lacks the Lennon echoing Paul at 0:55 what appears to be very strange.
Before Matchbox Mrs Sutcliffe will be Astrid. The mother never went again to Hamburg.
Rubberswan

Post by Rubberswan »

georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm "I remember you" lacks the Lennon echoing Paul at 0:55 what appears to be very strange.
The song was looped because it exists only as a fragment. Omitting Lennon's response the second time round, while initially strange on the ear to those of us familiar with the song, makes it sound less like an obvious repeat.
"The rubber swan is mine" - Vaughn Meader, The First Family, 1962
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You Lord!!
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Thank you again Lord these sound great. Were you joking about John singing Matchbox? That does not remotely sound like him and sounds like a guest singer. I have to assume you were kidding because you are the expert...and boy do I appreciate your knowledge and talent ( and sense of humor).
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thank you Lord.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I dub thee Sir Loin Of Steak!
(Time to Register the Lord Reith trademark)
KC
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You Lord Reith for posting # Two.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. More later today.
georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm Before Matchbox Mrs Sutcliffe will be Astrid. The mother never went again to Hamburg.
Did Astrid actually call herself "Mrs Sutcliffe"? That hadn't occurred to me.
Rubberswan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:34 pm
georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm "I remember you" lacks the Lennon echoing Paul at 0:55 what appears to be very strange.
The song was looped because it exists only as a fragment. Omitting Lennon's response the second time round, while initially strange on the ear to those of us familiar with the song, makes it sound less like an obvious repeat.
Give that lad a gold sticker! I always hated that second shout because it makes it so obvious there's a loop, like being on the set of Groundhog Day.
D-listener wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:47 pm Thank you again Lord these sound great. Were you joking about John singing Matchbox? That does not remotely sound like him and sounds like a guest singer. I have to assume you were kidding because you are the expert...and boy do I appreciate your knowledge and talent ( and sense of humor).
No I wasn't kidding it is John to my ears... and who else but he would sing "I aint go no knickers" :lol:
C90 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:10 am Thanks again, Lord 'Wreath' (someone's got to reference it!)
Another gold sticker... I'll need to buy a new roll at this rate...
JoeWadley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:04 am How long are these typically delayed while you come up with a name for the download file?
The process begins some twelve months earlier when memos are sent out to the various departments canvassing for suggestions. These can number in double figures. For example, some of the unused suggestion for EP#2 included Alive And Kicking: Bruno's Best Backstage Beat Ups, Jack The Reeperbahn and Sod This Beat Music, I'm Going Upstairs To Watch The Mud Wrestling. We then usually hold several board meetings over a period of a few months, involving a number of large lunches on expense accounts. At the end of the preliminary meetings, we all take lengthy holidays in Tahiti. Upon our return, a second round of meetings is held involving more large lunches during which we come up with new titles for each of our jobs. We then get a payrise each and take another holiday, this time in Switzerland. After depositing money in our Swiss bank accounts we all take a walking trip "bonding exercise" together on our Segways and mull over the name of the zip file again. Then we hold a three day piss up, sorry, conference in Munich which by a total freak coincidence occurs at exactly the same time as the Oktoberfest. Finally, after returning home we have another large lunch, apply for promotions and decide upon the final title for the zip. So, you see, it is all quite streamlined.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:41 pm Hi - I think I missed one version.
I have Kaempfert and Bambi.
Did you miss the album? 20yearsago posted a re-up but you'll have to be real quick:

hxxps://we.tl/t-hdOJLCnaKC
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:45 pm
Did Astrid actually call herself "Mrs Sutcliffe"? That hadn't occurred to me.
What is an issue is not if she called herself Mrs. Sutcliffe but if Paul did from the stage. Could easily have been a Beatle thing. When I read that post by George from Henley I thought it was genius.