(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
iPanggo

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Post by iPanggo »

Golem wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:35 am
Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm So is it safe to say you consider this to be a complete replacement/improvement upon A/B Road / New Blue Soap? Or does it fulfill a different role?
It seems like its more of a composite than a replacement
I think the correct way to describe it is that it's the best way to listen to the Get Back sessions if you want maximum quality and completion but don't care about having "pure" sources and/or the treatment of them.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

That sounds like a sell to me. I've always loved the Get Back sessions, but I don't need the same hundred hours (plus-minus a few) of material in half a dozen variations. I'm collecting Beatles material, not bootlegs. :P

I just bought Doug Sulpy's 2007 edition of DDSI from his website. Years ago I read his "Get Back: The Unauthorized Chronicle [...]", and it took me until now to realize that DDSI is in fact not a completely separate book. Looking forward to listen along to this updated edition.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:08 am That sounds like a sell to me. I've always loved the Get Back sessions, but I don't need the same hundred hours (plus-minus a few) of material in half a dozen variations. I'm collecting Beatles material, not bootlegs. :P

I just bought Doug Sulpy's 2007 edition of DDSI from his website. Years ago I read his "Get Back: The Unauthorized Chronicle [...]", and it took me until now to realize that DDSI is in fact not a completely separate book. Looking forward to listen along to this updated edition.
Beware!!! Our project really outdates the DDSI Numbering.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

iPanggo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:51 am
Golem wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:35 am
Tolvo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm So is it safe to say you consider this to be a complete replacement/improvement upon A/B Road / New Blue Soap? Or does it fulfill a different role?
It seems like its more of a composite than a replacement
I think the correct way to describe it is that it's the best way to listen to the Get Back sessions if you want maximum quality and completion but don't care about having "pure" sources and/or the treatment of them.
To be more specific, it's the Get Back sessions but in it's best. Being the beta tester listener I heard everything and it sounds like Heaven.

People might be worried because of the Stereo of New Blue Soap, but this doesn't use that kind of destructive AI. Everything we used is for enhancement not for ruining it. In this project we only had to use AI once to fix a Peter Jackson edit (He overlaid a dialogue we have into one of the new audio bits)
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:17 pm
Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:08 am That sounds like a sell to me. I've always loved the Get Back sessions, but I don't need the same hundred hours (plus-minus a few) of material in half a dozen variations. I'm collecting Beatles material, not bootlegs. :P

Oh yeah, I know that. Still a nice read. What other books or websites did you use for reference?
Gummo

Post by Gummo »

I'm eager to check this out but I can't find the links?

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks for the incredible work done on this!
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

Gummo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:36 pm I'm eager to check this out but I can't find the links?

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks for the incredible work done on this!
The beta is not here anymore, But we hope to have the final release for next year.
Debbiebootleg

Post by Debbiebootleg »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:32 pm
Debbiebootleg wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Oh yeah, I know that. Still a nice read. What other books or websites did you use for reference?
A lot of resources. a favourite would be https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
Gummo

Post by Gummo »

Thanks, Debbiebootleg!
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:08 amI'm collecting Beatles material, not bootlegs.
THIS is such wisdom!

The Beatles did what they did, usually ONCE (each live song at any given venue, each studio take, each demo), and somehow this SAME stuff has repeatedly appeared all over the place on a multitude of boots and fan comps.

My personal battle with collecting over the last 3+ decades has been to try and collate this stuff, regardless of source, into a fresh whole. Sort of like "Complete Recording Sessions" by MasterJedi, who himself has been standing on the shoulders of others in putting this body of work together.

The Get Back sessions is a special sort of hell, since there is so much of it – hours and hours from day after day. All due respect to those sorting it out for us! I would love to have one tidy set of it and delete all the other stuff... I already did this with the related video, saved many gigs.

Now I understand some like to collect boot labels, and this can be useful for tracking down the original appearance of some items. But we might be better served just collecting the artwork, no need for the mountains of redundant audio. Unless you enjoy your hard drive looking like a hoarder house! ;-)