Real Love (AI Separated Vocals Attempt)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
flyinghour

Real Love (AI Separated Vocals Attempt)

Post by flyinghour »

Since the release of Now and Then, I've seen a lot of people asking what Real Love or Free As A Bird might sound like if they used the AI separation technology we have today. I've heard a few different attempts at this, but I haven't found one I loved. I've heard Lord Reith's recent remix of Real Love, and while I like that version, part of me enjoys the pitched up Lennon vocals (I know some people dislike the pitched up vocals, and I can understand that). With all that being said, this is my attempt to clean up Real Love.

I took the 2015 version of Real Love and separated the vocals from the track. Doing this removed the backing vocals as well, but I had a solution for that that I'll talk about in a moment. I took the original John Lennon demo that they used in 1995 and separated the vocals from it. That got rid of the piano. Please note: there are still parts in my mix where you can hear the piano, however I'd argue it's much improved. It doesn't sound as noticeably "tape on tape off" to my ears. From there, I took the John Lennon vocals and synced them up to the track one piece at a time. I'm not really sure how they did it in the 90s, but it doesn't seem like they kept the demo at the same speed throughout the track. After doing this, I managed to get isolated backing vocals by using the 5.1 mix. The front channels had the backing vocals without John's vocals (mostly). Lastly, I added one small touch. In the Anthology 2 version of Real Love, a piano part can be heard towards the end of the song. The 2015 version lacks that part. I've always loved it, so I extracted it from the 1996 version and put it at the end. The results of this can be heard below.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, let me know!

hxxps://we.tl/t-PVmOejH0xz
BroastedChicken

Re: Real Love (AI Separated Vocals Attempt)

Post by BroastedChicken »

I REALLY appreciate the effort, as this is the song I most want upgraded, but there are a few issues:

-- The intro seems to be missing a lot of instrumentation as compared to the 1995 version, but maybe that's due to the "1+" version being used
-- John's vocals don't sound as robotic as in the 1995 version, but they have a wavering, underwater quality that's much worse.
-- There are some odd dropouts probably caused by certain elements dropping out of the mix and then coming back in.
-- The backing vocals are largely missing except during the guitar break where they're quite pronounced

All that said, this is still better than anything I'd ever come up with!
MUR

Post by MUR »

Could someone please kindly reup this one? Thank you in advance!
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
flyinghour

Post by flyinghour »

I'm actually working to improve this mix a bit. I will reupload soon.
flyinghour

Post by flyinghour »

Here is my second attempt at this mix. I made a few small changes to try and improve it. First, I added a compressor to John's vocals, as they were a bit harsh. I think this smoothed them out a bit. Second, I slightly increased the volume of the backing vocals. Lastly, I tweaked the piano part at the end so that it's slightly more audible. Let me know what you think!

hxxps://we.tl/t-k2eYqcx8F6
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Lotta work (I know lol) Great Job!
M
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share - Thank you ....
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, FlyingHour! :ugeek:
Ale.