Fan created remixes and rare variations
Toe Blake

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Toe Blake »

Thank you so very much!
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

miggynav wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:41 pm Thanks LR! Should I delete the other previous versions of Star Club tapes?
I would delete those other 'boosted vocal' versions. He's improved them from the ones previously posted but don't get rid of your own version of the Star Club tapes as this one here isn't every single song that exists. You need one set for the whole lot and this one for the improved clarity. So you need 2 versions. A complete set, and these.

BTW, thanks very much Lord Reith, I have never heard these sound so good. Sterling work!!
Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
losparanoias

Post by losparanoias »

Thank you. This makes a lifelong...well a 46 year old dream a reality: a decent quality Where Have You Been All My Life! I even asked a local (and brilliant) Beatles tribute group to add this to their set cos I figured it'd be the next best thing. I seriously doubt Jackson could do better (at the moment.)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:25 am And to kick off the season of goodwill, here is a new one from me...

This is the end result of my "Star Club Experiments" thread. It contains all 15 songs I previewed (with additional improvements) plus 8 others.

Gotta agree with all that these sound really great. My only disappointment is that we didn't get upgrades to three of the songs that were unique to the Star-Club ~ Little Queenie, I Remember You and Road Runner.

Hopefully, time permitting you'll be able to do these in the future.
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

That was really nice, LR. Thanks. I had to make a long drive this morning and it was a joy to listen to. :D
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

This is TERRIBLE
now I have to get up from my wing chair and out step my slippers reasure my smokinggown and stretch to the upper shelve bookcase in my downstairs library and try to open my vinyljar with the golden lid....shame on Ya.....

As if Xmas was not busy without!

Regards
ATN

PS for most of you who didnt undrestand. This is I R O N Y,,, my text NOT the superb work of LR.....DS

PSS My best wishes to you ALL DSS
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

It's really a great gift, thank you very much Lord.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

The workday is over, and while I planned to listen to this first via headphones, I opted for my Bluetooth speaker on the porch ( Bose SoundLink Revolve ) at it’s a nice 64 degrees here. This sounds really great. I always look forward to a Lord Reith Christmas. I’m simply having a wonderful time. This is a great companion to Rockin' Roxburgh.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Played this earlier...cranked up the volume and can’t believe how much punch and clarity they have in comparison to earlier versions.
Nice to hear the in between song banter so loud and clear too.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks LR... Happy Holidays!