Get Back Glyn Johns 1st acetate source?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
iPanggo

Re: Get Back Glyn Johns 1st acetate source?

Post by iPanggo »

ianbuckers wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:11 pm
maul wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:15 am
iPanggo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:49 pm The "Complete Home Recordings and Sessions" PDF is helping quite a bit for this purpose :)
Just curious ;) : the title seems a mix of my PDF and Lewisohn books, or is it a Book/PDF I wasn't aware of?
Mauro, I assumed he was meaning your 'THE COMPLETE STUDIO & HOME RECORDINGS'...but got the name a bit wrong!
Exactly lol, I couldn't remember the exact name..
It's a bit inaccurate at times, but it's a really good document
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
sam004

Post by sam004 »

I have tried to create a reconstruction of the 2nd version but get hung up on the longer edit of Dig it, and a decent version of Get Back.
Is there a fan made reconstruction out there already ?
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

iPanggo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:49 pm The "Complete Home Recordings and Sessions" PDF is helping quite a bit for this purpose :)
Just curious ;) : the title seems a mix of my PDF and Lewisohn books, or is it a Book/PDF I wasn't aware of?
I'm having issues sending private messages (I'm assuming it's because I'm a new member), so apologies for using this thread to reply to you.

It's a been a few months now, but somebody on Reddit sent me a link to your pdf. It's such an excellent reference, and I'm frankly surprised it's not more out there. I then found the March '23 version of it on Archive.org, and I'd definitely like to be notified whenever/if you update it in the future. Is the Archive.org page your own upload, or do you post it somewhere else? I didn't find a dedicated thread for it here. Couldn't we use something like that?

Edit: Unless I'm blind the pdf doesn't mention your name anywhere (or smth like an e-mail). Only knew it was by "Maul" cause that's what Archive's description said.
Last edited by Tolvo on Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
maul

Post by maul »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:44 pm
I'm having issues sending private messages (I'm assuming it's because I'm a new member), so apologies for using this thread to reply to you.
It's a been a few months now, but somebody on Reddit sent me a link to your pdf. It's such an excellent reference, and I'm frankly surprised it's not more out there. I then found the March '23 version of it on Archive.org, and I'd definitely like to be notified whenever/if you update it in the future. Is the Archive.org page your own upload, or do you post it somewhere else? I didn't find a dedicated thread for it here. Couldn't we use something like that?
Edit: Unless I'm blind the pdf doesn't mention your name anywhere (or smth like an e-mail). Only knew it was by "Maul" cause that's what Archive's description said
For various reasons I never share it publicly (and I don't even want in future ;) ) and i'm pretty surprised it's on archive.org or whatever :D
Anyway i've just completed the new update, I'll send you a PM as soon as I can
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Yeah, there's several versions of it on Archive. Some things it's never really all that clear if they're supposed to be on there or not.
maul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:56 pmAnyway i've just completed the new update, I'll send you a PM as soon as I can
Thank you, that's very appreciated. It's a real bible.
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

maul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:56 pm For various reasons I never share it publicly (and I don't even want in future ;) ) and i'm pretty surprised it's on archive.org or whatever :D
Anyway i've just completed the new update, I'll send you a PM as soon as I can
(Sheepishly) Can I have it, pretty please?
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

Could I have it too please? Thank you.
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Did a search on Archive.org and I also found it
search.PNG
search.PNG (517.87 KiB) Viewed 615 times
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

sam004 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:37 am I have tried to create a reconstruction of the 2nd version but get hung up on the longer edit of Dig it, and a decent version of Get Back.
Is there a fan made reconstruction out there already ?
Sam, I also tried to create a reconstruction of the second (V2) compilation, with varying degrees of success :lol:

I'm NOT a mixer, and I did this over 2 years ago, so I don't remember EXACT specifics, but for the beginning part of the longer "Dig It", I used "O.P.D." as a guide for where it starts and then inserted the same section from "Celluloid Rock"... which is unfortunately mono... SO the first 1:10 is mono, then crossfades to stereo around the 1:11 mark. Not very good, but easier on the ears than O.P.D.

And for the extra few seconds of snippet at the end of "Get Back", again using O.P.D. as a guide, I used "Thirty Days" (or maybe it was "Get Back Journals", can't recall) to grab the snippet to paste into this reconstruction... again, not great... I'd love it if one of our resident audio gurus could make a better attempt than I was able to. 8-)

Anyway, here's my GB Glyn Johns V2 compilation reconstruction for what it's worth:

hxxps://we.tl/t-wSWb4WDtmL
—Keith
beatleross

Post by beatleross »

thanks