Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by masterjedi »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:42 pm it is a work in progress :) right ?
yes, but it would have been nice, seeing as I JUST updated it! I'm so mad at myself.
kirkenshrir

Post by kirkenshrir »

masterjedi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:44 pm
kirkenshrir wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:47 pm
masterjedi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:40 pm 1. Fresh rips of the White Album outtakes from the Anthology DVDs, both the stereo track and the 5.1 track separately, but in-sync with each other.
Here's what I've got: hxxps://we.tl/t-48WNyt5Mgm

It's the White Album montage from Anthology Ep.8 (NTSC DVD) along with Revolution, just in case.

I've included the DTS, Dolby and PCM tracks in FLAC
(For some reason, the Dolby track seems have more high end than the DTS but I kept them both anyway...)

Let me know if I've missed anything...
Wow, that was quick! I basically need everything that is on Purple Chick's set where the Anthology DVD is the source, just like this!
Sorry. I just realised the White Album material was spread across episodes 7 and 8... :-)

Here's everything useful in episode 7 and, while I'm at it, everything from episode 8 (covering LIB, and AR - but trying to ignore the Nagra stuff as much as possible) :

EP7: hxxps://we.tl/t-qp0JLLMO6F
EP8: hxxps://we.tl/t-94mfzvR6W4

Oh, and I threw in the three stereo David Frost tracks from 1+ just because I had them already...

I think that should be all of it. Let me know if something's still missing or if you need something from the earlier episodes.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

A daft question, have the uncut Anthology DVDs been taken into account ? Since it is longer, I guess that there must be extra material
kirkenshrir

Post by kirkenshrir »

Fast lucky wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:17 pm A daft question, have the uncut Anthology DVDs been taken into account ? Since it is longer, I guess that there must be extra material
If you're referring to the Director's cut, it's actually an offline edit (a low quality draft, if you will) with burnt-in timecodes on screen etc, also meaning it hasn't been mixed yet.

Generally speaking, in film/tv/documentary production, a film will go through editing until the director is happy with what he's got (the director's cut). Then the producers will come in and give their input and, trim things here and there. This is absolutely normal.

(in this case, they went back and shot more interviews...and recorded FAAB and RL, before going back to editing some more)

Once everyone is happy and the editing is complete and nothing will change anymore content-wise, you get to what is called Picture-lock. Only THEN can the film's audio go to the mixing stage.

So although there might be some interesting material not included in the standard DVDs, the audio quality won't be as pristine as the retail DVDs and you won't be getting those "Anthology mixes" either.

Now as far as outtakes are concerned, you'd have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me if there's something in there that isn't available elsewhere in better quality.

UPDATE: I just double-checked really with my Director's cut files here and the episode durations are actually SHORTER than they are on the retail DVDs. Looking at online reviews of the DC, it seems to be more content-driven than the DVD version so you're getting more interviews but less music...
Last edited by kirkenshrir on Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Maybe it also helps to separate one 'DVD' from another. The Director's Cut was an evaluation tape copy made during its production phase, so around 1993, that later on got leaked and then bootlegged on DVD. It obviously wasn't made for DVD. The 'Anthology DVD' was an official project from 2003 where they reworked the episodes for DVD and upgraded the songs through a remixing project. So it's not like some kind of 'uncut' version of the latter exists.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Purple Chick did a good job including extra material from Anthology Director's cut. It's mostly from A Day In The Life, and has been included in Volume 10 of this series.
themgnt

Post by themgnt »

maul wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:08 pm
I'd really like to know where this image comes from. It's exactly the kind of thing I've been wishing existed.

There's an updated PDF of Brennan's Variations (below) but the format in the image is far more accessible.

hxxps://www.friktech.com/btls/variants/BrennanV ... sGuide.pdf
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

It’s from his own Complete Studio & Home Recordings, you can reach out to him via PM to get a copy.
MCPing16

Post by MCPing16 »

Loving this series. Thank you to everyone for all the hard work. All I have to do now is add all the official stuff for the perfect chronology. Thanks again :)
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

themgnt wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:40 pmI'd really like to know where this image comes from. It's exactly the kind of thing I've been wishing existed.
It's an excellent resource! I'm a fan. :D