Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Claude_de_Faux

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 12 available)

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you for vol. 12 !
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Many thanks!
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Thanks a lot!
steve1950

Post by steve1950 »

always a nice surprise. the white album is coming!
Ants

Post by Ants »

Thanks a lot for the new volume!

Something I've always been confused about...
I've always though that Hey Bulldog was slightly sped-up (every version), like Here Comes The Sun (I have perfect pitch, so I'm usually very precise :mrgreen: ).

If you listen to the Rock Band snippets (Hey Bulldog outtakes), you can hear that the piano has indeed a slightly lower pitch, like here at 0:31 and, especially, at 0:41 (the main piano lick):

What do you think?
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

steve1950 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:40 pm always a nice surprise. the white album is coming!
The artwork will be much easier to do !
rafael_szot

Post by rafael_szot »

Regarding the track "I Am The Walrus [edit of RS6 and 7 US stereo]" located in the vintage mixes folder of Volume 11: the mix included there is the trimmed version of the track. Wouldn't the HörZu Magical Mystery Tour be a better source for this particular mix, as it is featured untrimmed there (i.e., it contains the full six-bar keyboard intro instead of the four-bar intro as per the US LP)?
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

rafael_szot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:25 pm Regarding the track "I Am The Walrus [edit of RS6 and 7 US stereo]" located in the vintage mixes folder of Volume 11: the mix included there is the trimmed version of the track. Wouldn't the HörZu Magical Mystery Tour be a better source for this particular mix, as it is featured untrimmed there (i.e., it contains the full six-bar keyboard intro instead of the four-bar intro as per the US LP)?
I may be wrong, but isn't one of the defining features of the US stereo mix the fact that it had the correct four-bar intro instead of the incorrect six-bar intro? The HörZu mix has the different intro because it's altogether a different mix, and the same one that Apple's used as a source since 1971.
Toe Blake

Post by Toe Blake »

Thanks a huge bunch for Vol. 12 (and the rest)!
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

rafael_szot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:25 pm Regarding the track "I Am The Walrus [edit of RS6 and 7 US stereo]" located in the vintage mixes folder of Volume 11: the mix included there is the trimmed version of the track. Wouldn't the HörZu Magical Mystery Tour be a better source for this particular mix, as it is featured untrimmed there (i.e., it contains the full six-bar keyboard intro instead of the four-bar intro as per the US LP)?
Horzu has the 'normal' mix also featured on the '87, '93 (Blue) and '09 CD's. Both it and the original UK stereo mix featured on the EP have the 6 beat intro. UK Mono, US Stereo and US Mono feature the 4 beat trimmed version. The US Mono Single (not the album) has the extra bar before "yellow matter custard", US Rarities 'imitated' this by reinserting it in the stereo mix (same way they replicated the promo single for Penny Lane).