The Ultimate Live Collection (Colt Turkey)

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Alessandro Rocchi

The Ultimate Live Collection (Colt Turkey)

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Hi there, my cd-r copy of Colt Turkey's "The Ultimate Live Collection" Volume 14 Cd 2 is missing track 11 "A Hard Day's Night" (from Atlanta, 18 August 1965 show). On both booklet and back cover artwork the song is listed but there is no such track on my cd-r copy. Is there anybody who can check if this song is really missing from Colt Turkey's upload or if I lost it somewhere many years ago? Thanks in advance. :geek:
Ale.
Mrbeatleg

Re: The Ultimate Live Collection (Colt Turkey)

Post by Mrbeatleg »

are you sure you have the right track? My track 11 is "Chat" or am I missing something?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (81.31 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Ditto what Tom said.
Yves
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Here are all the "A Hard Day's Night" songs in this set and where they are.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (130.75 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

I have the same tracks as you have, Tom, so the error is in the artworks. Probably Colt Turkey forgot to add "A Hard Day's Night" to disc 2 of volume 14.
The Beatles did play "A Hard Day's Night" in Atlanta on August 18th, 1965. :ugeek:
Ale.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Alessandro Rocchi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:48 pm Hi there, my cd-r copy of Colt Turkey's "The Ultimate Live Collection" Volume 14 Cd 2 is missing track 11 "A Hard Day's Night" (from Atlanta, 18 August 1965 show). On both booklet and back cover artwork the song is listed but there is no such track on my cd-r copy. Is there anybody who can check if this song is really missing from Colt Turkey's upload or if I lost it somewhere many years ago? Thanks in advance. :geek:
The whole tracklist looks to be one track off starting at Track 11. ("Help!" is track 12, not 13. "I'm Down" is track 13, not 14. And so on.)

The artwork I have says "Track 11- Intro to A Hard Day's Night" and lists 36 tracks for Disc 2. The CD only has 35 tracks though. So either there's a track missing, or the artwork is simply wrong.

silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Alessandro Rocchi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:48 pm Hi there, my cd-r copy of Colt Turkey's "The Ultimate Live Collection" Volume 14 Cd 2 is missing track 11 "A Hard Day's Night" (from Atlanta, 18 August 1965 show). On both booklet and back cover artwork the song is listed but there is no such track on my cd-r copy. Is there anybody who can check if this song is really missing from Colt Turkey's upload or if I lost it somewhere many years ago? Thanks in advance. :geek:
Checked all the bootlegs I got, I have a couple of a Atlantas, checked Youtube, AHDN was cut out from the recording I think, Dizzy Miss Lizzy cuts as well.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

The artwork says the source is Fab Productions' Live Anthology VIII.

I don't own that bootleg, but according to this website, there's a 3:13 mins AHDN included.

Error on coltturkey's end?
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

I don't believe it's an error or a tape cut... A Hard Day's Night seems to be not performed that evening; the "chat" track is John thanking Ringo after "I Wanna Be Your Man" and after, he goes right into introducing "Help!"

If John messed it up, it's the only time a setlist mishap occurs or maybe they decided before the show to skip it...
Last edited by bsizzy_27 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

Hmm, you may be right.

Maybe coltturkey decided that the A Hard Day's Night included on "Live Anthology VIII" was from a different concert and thus removed it.

EDIT: https://beatlesdb.com/Events/473/Live_Show says AHDN was performed.

John C. Winn writes in "Way Beyond Compare":
The circulating tape is missing a bit of “Dizzy Miss Lizzy” and all of “A Hard Day’s Night,” but illustrates Atlanta Stadium’s outstanding sound system.
Then again that book is from 2003/2008, so there might have been developments afterwards.

Somebody more knowledgeable than me can probably fill us in.