Now and then (VOO DOO Records)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Maccawings

Re: Now and then (VOO DOO Records)

Post by Maccawings »

I am thinking that I was not on BZ at that time. By the time I got there, they were all free. Do not remember any requests for hard to find stuff. It was not a forum that I was on much and rarely if ever used ,and obviously came on some time after his request for help. Thank you for the history lesson though, not something I knew.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

beatlened wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:01 am
Maccawings wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:18 am And folks should remember that initially he did share many of the Ultimate Archive sets for free. And I think that posting these things a day after release is not a good policy and I thought there was a pause here between initial release to posting anything to give those who make these sets some time to monetize their creations. Am I incorrect? That's it on this conversation for me, not here to argue
You have to remember that the Ultimate sets were assembled in BZ because he asked for and was sent the hard-to-find material to use. People sent him the tracks which he then assembled into his various sets. Only given away for free because of that.
It all went a bit sour when people discovered that he was making money off the stuff that they'd freely sent him.
I remember VooDoo getting called out on the old BZ site when it was established that some of the sets were getting sold by him. That was a bit naughty but at the end of the day without VooDoo we wouldn’t have had that Paul M archive collection, and it was a very good one.

To put VooDoo into perspective, have a look on the Etsy site and search for a seller by the name of CactusBeatles. Currently they are selling over 120 sets, and I’m guessing that they frequent this site because they have Fabracadabra with exactly the same artwork that LR did (£107) and the Massed Alberts collection (£195). There are others - the Ebbetts discs, Mirror Spock. You name it, if it’s been posted here it’ll be on there - at a price.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

The Yardbirds will now sing I'm Not Talkin'!
(you coulda heard a pin drop)
I mean, REALLY? It's not like he(VooDoo) did a Beatles series!
Do wise men dispute such small matters? <------(humor included!)
carry on...
KC

Hi, Mike!
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

kingkenneth 2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:16 pm it's a pity mr voo-doo wasn't of the same opinion , i recall he stabbed lord reith in the back by selling copies of his bbc set on ebay
I seem to recall he had it listed on iOffer for a week in 2015 - and didn't sell a single copy (according to him) and apologized profusely to LR. I also seem to recall that he freely shared about 150 discs worth of his own creation with anyone and everyone on BZ. And a quick look on the internets show that his stuff (and LR's) is being freely sold by lots of people - on ebay, FB, etsy, etc. - all by people who I'm sure hasn't created one darn thing for the Beatleg community. And yet mr voo-doo is still raked over the coals over something that happened over eight years ago.

Of course, everyone is free to hold onto whatever version of the truth they see fit.
kingkenneth 2

Post by kingkenneth 2 »

McCharmly wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:52 am
kingkenneth 2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:16 pm it's a pity mr voo-doo wasn't of the same opinion , i recall he stabbed lord reith in the back by selling copies of his bbc set on ebay
I seem to recall he had it listed on iOffer for a week in 2015 - and didn't sell a single copy (according to him) and apologized profusely to LR. I also seem to recall that he freely shared about 150 discs worth of his own creation with anyone and everyone on BZ. And a quick look on the internets show that his stuff (and LR's) is being freely sold by lots of people - on ebay, FB, etsy, etc. - all by people who I'm sure hasn't created one darn thing for the Beatleg community. And yet mr voo-doo is still raked over the coals over something that happened over eight years ago.

Of course, everyone is free to hold onto whatever version of the truth they see fit.
yes "according to him" you can make excuses for him, you can question why he done it in the first place.
as someone else said earlier "he's just an axxxhole"