The Beatles And The BBC

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Re: The Beatles And The BBC

Post by Lord Reith »

Nimbus wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:25 am
KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:04 am Excited to see what's in this!
' Paperback Writer' with The Fab Four* on Top of The Pops

* It's often been said that the kids watched for the acts while the Dad's watched for Pan's People ;)
And don't forget the albums!
t1.jpg
t1.jpg (50.44 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
t2.jpg
t2.jpg (53.82 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
t3.jpg
t3.jpg (59.32 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
t4.jpg
t4.jpg (48.08 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
t6.jpg
t6.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you very much.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share plasticsoul - Thank you ......
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I noticed a few good things in this:

- She Loves You and Twist And Shout from The Mersey Sound. These used the magnetic soundtrack instead of the optical, so major upgrade in sound quality.

- That Irish interview looks new to me. Also, this was the ONLY clip where they didn't superimpose the ugly yellow banner. Is that because even they weren't cynical enough to spoil a new find?

- Seeing John as the loo attendant in good quality was nice too, until they ruined it with the gigantic yellow splodge.

Winced when they said that T&S was first performed for BBC radio on Swinging Sound. Do your research guys. That's what your paid for! "Now And Then Came 60 years after their first appearance on the BBC..." also wrong. Typical modern media personnel getting their facts from wikipedia.
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:56 pm I noticed a few good things in this:

- She Loves You and Twist And Shout from The Mersey Sound. These used the magnetic soundtrack instead of the optical, so major upgrade in sound quality.

- That Irish interview looks new to me. Also, this was the ONLY clip where they didn't superimpose the ugly yellow banner. Is that because even they weren't cynical enough to spoil a new find?

- Seeing John as the loo attendant in good quality was nice too, until they ruined it with the gigantic yellow splodge.

Winced when they said that T&S was first performed for BBC radio on Swinging Sound. Do your research guys. That's what your paid for! "Now And Then Came 60 years after their first appearance on the BBC..." also wrong. Typical modern media personnel getting their facts from wikipedia.
I also noticed the Intertel promos didn't look quite right to me, and also sounded a little fast. Maybe it's my eyes and ears..
Marshfish

Post by Marshfish »

Thanks plasticsoul!
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:56 pm

I think you mean Scottish interview 30-04-64. Previously available on the BBC Archive website, although now looks like it's no longer there - here's an extended version - https://go.wetransfer.com/t-BoZC0vifsX
plasticsoul wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:20 pm
I also noticed the Intertel promos didn't look quite right to me, and also sounded a little fast. Maybe it's my eyes and ears..
Looks like poorly converted from 60 to 50Hz. I guess these were supplied this way by Apple.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Phil_Lip wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:25 pm I think you mean Scottish interview 30-04-64. Previously available on the BBC Archive website, although now looks like it's no longer there - here's an extended version - https://go.wetransfer.com/t-BoZC0vifsX
Thanks!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share Phil_Lip - Thank you ....
blackcatbone

Post by blackcatbone »

Thank you very much.