Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
20YearsAgo

Re: Now And Then (merged threads)

Post by 20YearsAgo »

georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:37 pm Seems Jackson saw the promo clip to my Mach Schau book to produce the last seconds of the film ;-)
For real? Is that how he became acquainted with the clip?
PaulsBrokenaGlass

Post by PaulsBrokenaGlass »

Honestly the video came together for a me a lot more on a second watch. I just found the green screening jarring at first. It's a nice video.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Using the Now and Then promotion and the original Real Love videos, I have compiled all the available Threetles footage from January/February 1995. I hope you enjoy!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Thank you, Adam!
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Carose wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm Wow what did you use ? I tried with YouTube Downloader and it continually fails and it shows "N/A"= Not Available !
yt-dlp works fine at my side.
wardo

Post by wardo »

georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

20YearsAgo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:48 pm
georgefromhenley wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:37 pm Seems Jackson saw the promo clip to my Mach Schau book to produce the last seconds of the film ;-)
For real? Is that how he became acquainted with the clip?
The promo - done by Ed Dieckmann - is online and in parts they used the same images...

plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere here but there's a Beatle night on BBC2 tomorrow night in the UK, including a "Beatles at the BBC" special at 08:30pm. It states that it will include She Loves You and All You Need Is Love. I hope it's a remastered Our World.. I assume it will include promo/solo videos as there's not many actual Beatles performances in the BBC vault.. We shall see...
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I must say I was underwhelmed with the song at first but having now seen the video, it's making more sense and seems more Beatley due to the visuals. I'm definitely warming to it. The video is a bit sad though - two of them gone and the others, both in their 80s, hinting that they recognise their own mortality.
Kwai Chang

Re: Now And Then - Penn Jillette Has Heard It

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 pm They could have made such a celebration of the pivotal year. This is probably the last time Paul and Ringo will be around to join in. Ah well.
Good morning, Sire!
I'm behind on my reading...and I'm willing to throw all of my worries away just to do it all over again. And a gain and a GAIN!!!
Everyone knows I am heavily invested in the Beatles' symbolic tendencies. Now And Then has not been the moment of organic clarity that I had thought was upon us. Instead, I have still only heard the song from one of the videos...ONCE! I've seen no video. I've heard no discussion of the artwork's symbolism. But, I am never going to follow this thread to its pennULTIMATE curtain call since as usual, there is still enough lift and thrust in the wreckage to give some legibility to the flight plan in question. At least Sutcliffe didn't die in a plane crash! Or, Best...or, Kirschher or, Voormann! The Gravity Savants are always misfits. So, I'll risk saying the following without finding a proper womb for the growth of its own Buddha Nature. Earth Air Fire Water Father Mother Son and Daughter! Names Tags Numbers Labels Games and why or why not! I am mystified about Now And Then. Is it real? Is it a hoax? Is it a new way of imparting brevity on the Beatles' impending final release? I would hate to not say it if no one else is going to. Between...bewixt, or...otherwise...I am not familiar with the demo on any scale. What I heard yesterday was unbiased. I had been preprogrammed but I was unaffected by it. So the song played. I didn't quite understand...where is John Lennon's voice that has been so separated and embellished? I never knew it was removed! I heard a voice that sounded like Paul singing an unfamiliar lyric and the song was very different, new(?) and then I could hear the Harrison flavored McCartney-played guitar lead. Ringo's contributions seemed to have a permission slip...and through the ending...I never heard John's voice. And so, I was quite disappointed to find the last Beatles record was a just McCartney record, with no need to pretend about anything symbolic. That's why it looks 'NEW'! And, so...where I thought 'between the buttons' meant '2 dead...2 alive'...it means FALLING off the twig! I even thought Paul looked frail, diminished! Now, I don't know if it even happened. My interest in the conclusion is now, very far behind me! TheN!
I'm sitting this out beyond this point! Oops! I meant, this point! ----------> A John, a Paul, a George and a Ringo walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says "what is this...some kind of joke?"
Nothing endures but change!
KC