Guru-Deva

Now and Then on UK television

Post by Guru-Deva »

A few bits of Now and Then nonsense from UK television:

26/10/23 a - BBC1 - The One Show - Beatles to release Now and Then @ 19.00

26/10/23 b - BBC2 - Newsnight - Beatles to release Now and Then @ 22.30

27/10/23 a - ITV - This Morning - Beatles to release Now and Then @ 10.00

hxxps://we.tl/t-KIVD8SdnJN

Just chat and clips from the trailer. Surrounding junk left in.

They look OK, but I can't check the audio at the moment, so do let me know if there are any problems with them.
Rondordrecht193

Re: Now and Then on UK television

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

thank you Guru-Deva!!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I had to play through VLC for audio to work but...
THANK YOU! It won't make anyone happy but, I can't NOT comment about what I learned! Thank God for BBC! Item 1:
You no longer watch TV from East to West...but, from South to North!
Item 2: The word FINAL BEATLES SONG is already more WORN OUT than the SAME word used on a WHO concert poster from Philadelphianatti(ANY YEAR)! Item, 3: Young People ALREADY enjoy knowing their music is artificial. Older fans, are in the way and NOT a demographic targeted by Universal! (Check the shelf at pharmacy...NEXT TO THE GERITOL!) Item 4: George got left on the doonesbury road! Item 5: Paul McCartney will be producing the very FIRST 'Last' BEATLES Album made of scraps of Teddy John(the unwritten Paperback)<-------don't look at me! The sentimentality was in the bottom drawer of Paul's desk! Item 6: Have Yoko call Ringo, please!
The more it changes the more it's the same! LP title------> BEFORE The Calm(dowN!)
Yawn!
KC

LAST item: Did I say LAST? I meant Peter J. is NOW, more popular than Get Back theN!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share Guru-Deva ...... Thank you ......
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

But no one has broadcast even a brief clip of the song? Any leaks of the track been reported?
HelenWheels

Post by HelenWheels »

I think we'll have to wait until Wednesday, at least in the UK:

On Wednesday 1 November, BBC One’s The One Show, presented by Alex Jones and Ronan Keating will be joined by 6 Music’s Lauren Laverne, who will introduce the exclusive UK TV broadcast of the short film ‘Now And Then – The Last Beatles Song.’ The short film contains exclusive footage and commentary from Paul, Ringo, George, Sean Ono Lennon and Peter Jackson. It tells the story behind the last Beatles song - one which began in the late 1970s, when John Lennon recorded a demo with vocals and piano at his home in New York’s Dakota building and ends in 2023, with Paul and Ringo re-entering the studio to finally finish ‘Now And Then’.

The short film, with introduction and comment from Lauren, will be available on BBC iPlayer after broadcast.

Also appearing in the studio will be guests including producer, songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist and son of George Martin, Giles Martin.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I am most definitely not going to watch the making of film until I have heard N&T. The song must come first. In fact I think I will make Peter Jackson's video my premiere. I feel like the visuals will be epic and add greatly to the impact.

This is going to be a great release, I can feel it in my bones. It's not a "dreary" song or a "dirge" like some people are saying. It's a song about love and longing, and all it needed was some help from the other three to take it out of demo territory and turn it into a great song. It's going to be something that will touch lots of people, not just Beatles fans.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

HelenWheels wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:42 pm I think we'll have to wait until Wednesday, at least in the UK:

On Wednesday 1 November, BBC One’s The One Show, presented by Alex Jones and Ronan Keating will be joined by 6 Music’s Lauren Laverne, who will introduce the exclusive UK TV broadcast of the short film ‘Now And Then – The Last Beatles Song.’ The short film contains exclusive footage and commentary from Paul, Ringo, George, Sean Ono Lennon and Peter Jackson. It tells the story behind the last Beatles song - one which began in the late 1970s, when John Lennon recorded a demo with vocals and piano at his home in New York’s Dakota building and ends in 2023, with Paul and Ringo re-entering the studio to finally finish ‘Now And Then’.

The short film, with introduction and comment from Lauren, will be available on BBC iPlayer after broadcast.

Also appearing in the studio will be guests including producer, songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist and son of George Martin, Giles Martin.
The whole One Show is a Beatles special. A friend of mine has been interviewed for a Beatle-related segment about her father that I supplied various bits of audio, video and documents for. This was slated for being included on 1st November two weeks ago, so I guessed the release was on the cards - just wasn't allowed to say anything!
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

let's hope someone will catch it and is willing to share this for everone to enjoy!!!!
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:10 pm This is going to be a great release, I can feel it in my bones. It's not a "dreary" song or a "dirge" like some people are saying. It's a song about love and longing, and all it needed was some help from the other three to take it out of demo territory and turn it into a great song. It's going to be something that will touch lots of people, not just Beatles fans.
I agree. I really like it as a song and think it will be developed to good effect. Let's hope so.