Beatles cartoons

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
beatlesbelmo

Beatles cartoons

Post by beatlesbelmo »

Have there been a definitive release of the Beatles cartoons?
twogurusindrag

Re: Beatles cartoons

Post by twogurusindrag »

No, but Apple owns it now. I have a copy on my HDD if you need.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I was 6 years old when The U.S. rallied into the fray of Beatlemania with the ever-so-American Beatles cartoons. Slightly better than the animation on Rocky And Bullwinkle, which had been sub-contracted to an animation company in Tijuana...The Beatles cartoons were a diametric opposition in that they were obviously 'American' in their contribution to the madness! The show's voice-overs were absolutely impersonal where the word geographic stereotype applies. The fantastic thing is the show's 'mentality' is a betrayal of Hollywood Protocol. The episodes are based on respective individual Beatles songs...but, the most fantastic part is THE undisputed weapon of choice(The INSTANTLY recognizable Theme music) was instantly recognizable as NOT-Beatles music! But, it was probably played on a Gretsch Country Gentleman! This was delivered at Indoctrination Prime Time slot AKA Saturday Morning! Well, this could certainly be why Lennon thought that The Beatles were becoming more popular than Sunday! Now, there's a religion to avoid! Ha ha.
Church Of Sunday! Not the day AFTER Saturday...that is Heresy!
Even, as a 6 year old American in 1966, it was obvious chicanery!
But, it definitely gave Saturday morning cartoons some much needed status! Looney Tunes are pretty formidable.
But so is that catchy four bars of theme music guitar...even though it probably has another name(Hypnosis)
I think Tomorrow Never Knows(about alligators, or some such diatribe) is the last one I watched. Erratic? Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Cosmic? Sugar Smacks and Coral Puffs and Frankenberry and tomorrow(Scrambled Eggs)?
The dentist...perhaps!
KC

Total Beatles involvement------> ____?____($ELTAEB's outstanding balance)
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

There was a recent release by Pear Records of the cartoons. I am interested in anyone has a copy of it.
beatlesaint

Post by beatlesaint »

I've had an ad appear on my Facebook feed saying HMC are releasing a 3 DVD set of the cartoon series "soon" !!