The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Debbiebootleg

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by Debbiebootleg »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:55 am I've just finished watching the compilation from 2 January. Amazing work. I didn't realise we didn't have all the audio from that day. I thought all the Nagra reels for 2 January were available but evidently I was wrong. I spotted a few bits with unsychronised audio, such as one of the clips from the discussion featuring Paul, Michael and George M. at 7:07 where Michael is heard saying something but his lips aren't moving, but still, what a fantastic job!

As a side note, were you able to determine whether the heavily processed footage from the 'Two of Us' 2000 music video includes otherwise unavailable footage, or did you just include it for the sake of completeness?
As iPango has said, we have all the audio avaliable from the 2nd, the problem is that the Roll B machine (Even being avaliable that day because of the Call sheet) wasn't operative that day, and anyways Roll A didn't captured that much probably because Peter Sutton was testing, deciding what the best configuration is, so there are moments in Camera A that were filmed but not shown in audio like a lot of postlunch IGAF which is literally scraps on what we have in the nagras rn. While the audio is only 2 hours, The Beatles spent even more time that day that the average Twickhenam day
Debbiebootleg

Re: The Beatles Get Back Sessions - All Available Footage (Volume 1 - Twickenham)

Post by Debbiebootleg »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:28 pm I don’t believe any 13th shots were off but if there are specific ones that look wrong I can look into it. Often times the DNR effects greatly blur the mouth or other facial features so it can be more difficult to discern speaking or dialogue
They're synced correctly, but it's like a little delayed.
ledzepfilm

Post by ledzepfilm »

beatlesondvd wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:55 amAs a side note, were you able to determine whether the heavily processed footage from the 'Two of Us' 2000 music video includes otherwise unavailable footage, or did you just include it for the sake of completeness?
If it didn't have new footage, it wouldn't have been included! :)
Ants

Post by Ants »

ledzepfilm wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:16 pm
Ants wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:09 pm I really hope there'll be more footage of the master takes of the Let It Be songs/singles (For You Blue, The Long And Winding Road, Get Back, etc.) than there is in the Get Back documentary.
I wished they included more of those (also, the songs recorded the day after the Rooftop Concert).
Sadly, we're quite limited to what was actually filmed - we have a decent bit of the album take of For You Blue, but only literally one clip of January 26th The Long and Winding Road (although per the hum, a lot more was filmed), and unfortunately no cameras were running for the album take of Get Back!
Very interesting, thanks!
Uhm... In the Get Back mini-series, there's a clip of Get Back in which there's a caption "This performance is featured in the album", or something like that. Is that false? I'd be quite surprised, to be honest.
Also, since the single and the album versions are more or less the same (except for some bits at the very beginning, and, of course, the endings), so I suppose what you said applies to the single version as well (which I personally prefer, except for the reverb and the fade-in).
ledzepfilm

Post by ledzepfilm »

Ants wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:20 pmUhm... In the Get Back mini-series, there's a clip of Get Back in which there's a caption "This performance is featured in the album", or something like that. Is that false? I'd be quite surprised, to be honest.
Yep, completely false, although it's obviously true for the audio. All the footage synced to the album take of Get Back is from other takes... stay tuned!
Ants

Post by Ants »

ledzepfilm wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:32 pm
Ants wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:20 pmUhm... In the Get Back mini-series, there's a clip of Get Back in which there's a caption "This performance is featured in the album", or something like that. Is that false? I'd be quite surprised, to be honest.
Yep, completely false, although it's obviously true for the audio. All the footage synced to the album take of Get Back is from other takes... stay tuned!
Oh well, that's really bad.
I knew a lot of footage didn't match the audio in the series, but I thought that at least when they were specifying "This take is featured [...]", they were being honest.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Peter Jackson had to use whatever footage he could where there were gaps in the actual footage available. They called it "representative images" or something. It's going to be pretty close to actual, but this new set puts the footage right where it really belongs - including that erroneous caption.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

"All the footage synced to the album take of Get Back is from other takes"
which presumes that ALL other footage matches specific edits. Why wouldn't that already be the case. Why weren't specific dates or takes or DDSI numbers displayed in the mayhem? As if multiple cameras were kept labelled and tracked by title, take, date, rehearsal, practice, recording, false start, album, TV, Concert...FUNNY! MLH certainly didn't know what he was chopping up. Spector knew what takes he would be fashioning...ONLY the coherent stuff on MULTI-TRACK! But, by the time McCartney's cheeks and nose turned red on the 30th, the Get Back concept was laying in the gutter below...with the cigar butts!. Call the cops! It's dead!
Who wants to work tomorrow?
THAT's the unbelievable part! We needed January 31, 1969 to dominate every image after the rooftop!
And at the very end...
The Beginning!!!
(Get Phil)
KC

Call Purple Chick...see if we can get another seven hours...don't worry, she'll answer!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Mr Bump wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:52 pm Peter Jackson had to use whatever footage he could where there were gaps in the actual footage available. They called it "representative images" or something. It's going to be pretty close to actual, but this new set puts the footage right where it really belongs - including that erroneous caption.
That kind of talk terrifies me!
I suppose I shall have to download this!
Does THAT tell you how good things have gotten around here?
I'll discuss it with the driver when he delivers my cannabis order!
He's scheduled 'before' noon!
Whose king am I, anyway?
KC

The Royal Fuse has just blown at Battersea! (That weren't no hair dryer)<-----ALL kings belong to their Queen, RESPECTively<-----Aretha!
thirstygit

Post by thirstygit »

jackb wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 pm Amazing amount of work had to go into this. Thanks.

On the google pages I don't the the Jan 14 Bonus - John and Yoko CBC interview is included. Maybe I just missed it somehow.

Jack
I downloaded the Google Drive version and did not see it either.