ROCKIN' ROXBURGH (Deluxe Edition) re-up

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: ROCKIN' ROXBURGH

Post by Lord Reith »

There's been a breakthrough!

Today I think I've discovered something totally new - I'll call it "De-distortion" until I think of a better name for it. But here is Monkey Business which is one of the most distorted tracks on the set and you could have used the guitar solo to shatter kidney stones. But, well, listen now and tell me what you think. I admit my head is a bit clogged up but it seems okay!

https://tinyurl.com/mr4x78nj
Last edited by Lord Reith on Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
No Bozos

Post by No Bozos »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:11 am There's been a breakthrough!

Today I think I've discovered something totally new - I'll call it "De-distortion" until I think of a better name for it. But here is Monkey Business which is one of the most distorted tracks on the set and you could have used the guitar solo to shatter kidney stones. But, well, listen now and tell me what you think. I admit my head is a bit clogged up but it seems okay!

https://tinyurl.com/2ur7hdv2
Wow!!
julesmctrainspotter

Re: ROCKIN' ROXBURGH (new! boosted vocals)

Post by julesmctrainspotter »

Sounds much improved, especially with the clear and punchy vocals now. Very pleased to hear that you are starting to feel better now.
HoneyPie059

Post by HoneyPie059 »

‘Monkey Business !’ It’s breathtaking! Amazing ! I compared with the original version! Surprising! Keep going
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Today I think I've discovered something totally new - I'll call it "De-distortion" until I think of a better name for it. But here is Monkey Business which is one of the most distorted tracks on the set and you could have used the guitar solo to shatter kidney stones. But, well, listen now and tell me what you think.

Definitely a spectacular improvement in the overall sound.

I'm not trying to be picky but constructive and you did say "tell me what you think", well is there any way to tweak the vocals to sound a bit more like John as to me they sound a bit tinny like we could be listening to AI vocals of John singing?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rusty wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:56 am I'm not trying to be picky but constructive and you did say "tell me what you think", well is there any way to tweak the vocals to sound a bit more like John as to me they sound a bit tinny like we could be listening to AI vocals of John singing?
They're not AI vocals don't worry. I don't even know how to do that.

I guess it's just the PA. Public address systems in those days were optimised for speech so all the low frequencies were cut off to enhance intelligibility. You can judge from their talking between songs how rubbish it was. Also bear in mind that this project is the musical equivalent of trying to receive signals from another galaxy. We're dealing with information that is barely there at all. I can't hear very well at the moment but when I get my ears back I'll try and balance it better. At the moment I'm really just trying to get it to work.

(Actually I did just tweak the settings slightly and re-upped it five minutes ago as I think I went a bit hard on the settings thus the slightly unnatural sound)
Last edited by Lord Reith on Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

https://tinyurl.com/mr4x78nj
This is the silver lining of getting covid if there is one, it is getting near the Star Club tapes level now.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

miggynav wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 am
This is the silver lining of getting covid if there is one,
"Every covid has a silver lining"
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

It’s remarkable what a head full of snot can accomplish. Side-by-side against the original, this is a huge improvement.
tilman

Post by tilman »

WOW. This sounds great and reminds me a little of using the "deconstruct modul" in Izotope reducing the noise gain and increase the tonal gain.