Lennon tape up for auction

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
onemojofilter

Lennon tape up for auction

Post by onemojofilter »

Looks like there were some tapes, in Derek Taylor’s possession, that were intended to be released on Zapple records in December of 1969.

Looks to be legit.

Tape number one includes unheard rehearsals for the Sgt. Pepper album, recorded from Kenwood in late '66 and early '67. The tape also features plenty of other odd recordings, including animal sounds the band used.

The second tape is all about George Harrison, who performed with the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band alongside the legendary Jimmy Page. Some of the tracks on the piece of plastic are likely unfamiliar to listeners, while others, like “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” with Jimmy Page on guitar went on to become hits.

Tape three is yet another album from Harrison and his Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, which contains another 16 songs.

The fourth tape is an interview with John Lennon which runs for 45 minutes. The in-depth conversation includes the Beatle openly questioning Yoko's intentions for being with him and sees him sharing other intimate and revealing details about his life.

Tape number five is all about Yoko Ono. On the recording, Ono engages in a nearly two-hour session of deeply personal primal scream therapy. During that session, she talks about Lennon, music and intimate matters, including Lennon’s friendship with Harrison.

The sixth and final tape in the collection is perhaps the most interesting, and it may help raise the final selling price. An unreleased album from Lennon and Ono, titled One From The Nursery, plays throughout. The auction description says that it’s a lot of Lennon on an acoustic guitar, with tunes like “ I Wish You Were My Father” present on its tracklist.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcinty ... ction/amp/
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.