Belmo's Beatleg News books

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
AWster

Re: Belmo's Beatleg News books

Post by AWster »

Ack! I missed this. Could we get a re-up please? I loved Belmo's back in the day and still have very fond memories of reading it. Btw, whatever happened to LRE King?
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

Belmo, I've always wondered. Since your publication was well known in collectors circles, did the bootleggers send you "review copies" of their latest discs so you'd write about them in your newsletter?

I remember at the time the only way I could find out about new releases is your newsletter, the 910, and the "underground" section of ICE magazine would sometimes let people know what was coming out. After reading those sources, it was calling up my usual stores to see if they had the discs.

A little later, I hooked up with some guy who's name was Neil and ha had ads in "Goldmine" magazine. I can't remember the name of his business but the tag was "The Devil's Music.......and so much more" and he wouldn't say in his ad what discs he had, he would allude to them. Anyone know or ever deal with this guy? He seemed to have every bootleg disc you could want.
Mr Hankey

Post by Mr Hankey »

Thanks so much for these! I was a loyal subscriber years back.

Whatever happened to LRE King?
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Belmo, could you re-up the pdfs? I thought I downloaded it last week but now I can't find it. Stupidly, I lost my hard copies of the actual issues ages ago but I really enjoyed them back in the day. It was fun, too, to write a few things for you too!
BeatlesInMyLife

Post by BeatlesInMyLife »

Beatles In My Life
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:29 pm Belmo, could you re-up the pdfs? I thought I downloaded it last week but now I can't find it. Stupidly, I lost my hard copies of the actual issues ages ago but I really enjoyed them back in the day. It was fun, too, to write a few things for you too!
Allow me!
Thank you, Scott/Belmo!
Thank you, WilliamShears!
Thank you, Forum Congregation!
ReUp-----> hxxps://we.tl/t-1WLCPHp08j <-----Belmo's Beatleg News Vol. 1 + Vol. 2 pdf(440MB)
Coming down fast...LOOK OUT!
Are these worth reading?
Not unless you like interviews with Mirror Spock!
Not unless you want info from the 'horses mouth'...
Not unless you're as lazy as I am...
Not unless you appreciate Appreciation!
Not if you believe No Man Is An Internet!
Why would anyone believe someone who actually read hard copies of 3rd generation Xerox BBN as they got passed around the Pasadena City College
monthly swap meet?
I dare you to move!
Peace...
KC

Edit: Thank you, BeatlesInMyLife! My flight was on time but I was delayed by the need to write.
beatlesbelmo

Post by beatlesbelmo »

Sorry I didn't respond right away. I'm on vacation.
So, first, I have no idea where LRE King is these days. The last I heard he was living in Phoenix. He's been out of the Beatleg World for years.
Second, yes, I received lots of Beatlegs to review from the bootleggers. Even though they were free, I felt no obligation to write a positive review if they didn't deserve it. They knew that. So, yes, my Beatleg CD collection is huge thanks to them. Am glad I didn't have to pay for so many of them. As my subscribers will recall, the purpose of the newsletter was to inform the reader which Beatlegs were good and which ones were skunks. And, of course, I would occasionally throw in a photo or two of some bare breasted ladies. Why did I do that? Simple, I like looking at bare breasted ladies.
That is all. Now, I'm going back outside and catch some rays.
Belmo
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

beatlesbelmo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:26 pm And, of course, I would occasionally throw in a photo or two of some bare breasted ladies. Why did I do that? Simple, I like looking at bare breasted ladies.
ClearBra by Kwai Chang!
Work-Repellent by Kwai Chang!
Thanks, for the compassion.
KC
datters

Post by datters »

Thank you Belmo. Memories as I still have a few issues stuck away in the paper archives. Again, my utmost thanks.