Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 10 available)

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 am - The mono version of SPLHCB (Reprise) has some more drums hits before the count-in (they were cut in the stereo version), and the first guitar note is a little bit longer (the one that comes just after the chicken sound in Good Morning Good Morning). I suppose it's not possibile to integrate these things into the master take reconstruction, as the mono version features all the overdubs?
Had a look and a try. The guitar is longer in the mono version only because the tape is starting up. You can replicate this by sliding the speed of the guitar's first note. So, what's presented here in that regard is actually more accurate to what's on the tape, and just as complete.

As for the extra beats in the mono, there's a Lennon vocal during that bit that is definitely from a later overdub, and I can't remove it cleanly (residual and artifacts). This track will have to stay as-is for now.

It was a great suggestion, however!
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You for Volume 10
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:08 am
Ants wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 am - The mono version of SPLHCB (Reprise) has some more drums hits before the count-in (they were cut in the stereo version), and the first guitar note is a little bit longer (the one that comes just after the chicken sound in Good Morning Good Morning). I suppose it's not possibile to integrate these things into the master take reconstruction, as the mono version features all the overdubs?
Had a look and a try. The guitar is longer in the mono version only because the tape is starting up. You can replicate this by sliding the speed of the guitar's first note. So, what's presented here in that regard is actually more accurate to what's on the tape, and just as complete.

As for the extra beats in the mono, there's a Lennon vocal during that bit that is definitely from a later overdub, and I can't remove it cleanly (residual and artifacts). This track will have to stay as-is for now.

It was a great suggestion, however!
Alright, understood.
Thank you for trying. :)
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:42 pm I also noticed that, in the previous volume, the live backing track of When I'm Sixty-Four is not present, while it was there in the CRS. I suppose it was left out because it sounds a bit... boring? And might have been redundant to include it?
No, didn't make the cut due to spectral subtraction artifacts during the bell overdubs. (Sorry, I'm picky! It's in the list of tracks to add to a later volume.)
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:51 pm
Ants wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:42 pm I also noticed that, in the previous volume, the live backing track of When I'm Sixty-Four is not present, while it was there in the CRS. I suppose it was left out because it sounds a bit... boring? And might have been redundant to include it?
No, didn't make the cut due to spectral subtraction artifacts during the bell overdubs. (Sorry, I'm picky! It's in the list of tracks to add to a later volume.)
It's good if you're picky! This way, we get the best possible quality. :mrgreen:
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:53 pm
masterjedi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:51 pm
It's good if you're picky! This way, we get the best possible quality. :mrgreen:
I figure reconstructions to get takes to an earlier state aren't really necessary if we already have all the elements in a later state of the take (or mixdown to a later take). So they better be darn near perfect. That leaves some really fun stuff on the table, I know, but I plan to do something with them all eventually, and in the mean time, if they get improved, all the better!
jackb

Post by jackb »

I like to burn these volumes to CD. I assume there will be changes coming to the latest so I assume I should wait before burning anything to disc. Are my assumptions correct?

Thanks
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

jackb wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:51 am I like to burn these volumes to CD. I assume there will be changes coming to the latest so I assume I should wait before burning anything to disc. Are my assumptions correct?

Thanks
I do have changes planned. Could be another week or so.
[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

A bit off topic but I couldn't resist:

09 Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [take 9 and control room chat] at 2:08 Paul is scatting and it reminds me to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March, as we all know it's a 'vocalisation' of Chariots by Franck Pourcel and here comes the twist: From a letter by George "and may buy an instrumental called Chariot". So at least one member of The Beatles was aware of ( the instrumental version) Chariots.

Thanks to: Mach Schau in Hamburg by Thorsten Knublauch ( a well known member here) page 136 and of course the writer of the letter him self.

fl.
beatleross

Post by beatleross »

Can I get a re-up on Vol.8 version 3 and Vol.9 version 2 please