Yesterday And Today (Stereo) (2023) (1978) (Remix) - Vee Jay rip & khundalini remaster

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Bombers_1969

Re: Yesterday And Today (Stereo) (2023) (1978) (Remix) - Vee Jay rip & khundalini remaster

Post by Bombers_1969 »

khundalini wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:33 pm
Bombers_1969 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:31 pm
All the other tracks sound great with better bass than the 2009 mono box or 2014 Capitol Album stereo tracks. Maybe khundalini will chime in and let us know what specific remastering he did, e.g., eq, etc -
When asked to express myself:
I didn't question VeeJay's rips. Some albums were better quality, others not so good quality. Overall they were ok for me as I find US vinyls always sound a bit washed out. So "Yesterday" is fine with me.
The albums have been slightly de-clicked, de-crackled and de-noised by me. There is no re-mixing, the volume of the voices is like the original!
I can't really say much about the further mastering because I never remember or document the settings. If I'm satisfied, the case is closed. I couldn't reproduce it, it would be different again.
That helps me with a re-make because I can't cling to old guidelines. As Lord Reith once said: "We build on sand".

"Nowhere Man" hisses really powerfully. However, I wanted to avoid de-essing too hard. Only another source helps here and ... that's how it happened.
Thanks for the input. Like you, I often forget and don't document the process. Have an 1970's Apple rip for Y&T & NM is just as hissy. Veejay's rip has a little more presence on the other tracks than the Apple one, so that's why it was chosen.
khundalini

Re: Yesterday And Today (Stereo) (2023) (1978) (Remix) - Vee Jay rip & khundalini remaster

Post by khundalini »

Bombers_1969 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 am Everyone - try this one instead -

hxxps://we.tl/t-N1pMhTA1l0

Upon review, several of the vocals were way too low in the mix - e.g., DMC, NM, IINS, WCWIO,DT

Has been revised ....
Please let us know which rip these files are actually based on!
Bombers_1969

Post by Bombers_1969 »

khundalini wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:33 pm
Bombers_1969 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 am Everyone - try this one instead -

hxxps://we.tl/t-N1pMhTA1l0

Upon review, several of the vocals were way too low in the mix - e.g., DMC, NM, IINS, WCWIO,DT

Has been revised ....
Please let us know which rip these files are actually based on!
Veejay rip for all except NM. A UK rip was used for it. Also adjusted the drum volume up a little on NM.