Big Night Out remastered... and we missed it!!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
Lord Reith

Big Night Out remastered... and we missed it!!

Post by Lord Reith »

I just found out to my horror that the Beatles episodes were streaming last year on Networkonair, remastered and sans timecodes. They would still be available but for the shocking death of Network founder Tim Beddows at only 60 years of age, which has brought the company to an end.

So I guess we really dropped the ball with that one.

Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rhino

Re: Big Night Out remastered... and we missed it!!

Post by rhino »

Bummer !!
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Oh I hope someone recorded everything! Wow! Just to see the whole thing remastered too!
Network Distributing Limited is no longer trading. Jeremy Karr and Jamie Taylor of Begbies Traynor were appointed as Liquidators of the Company on 9 June 2023. The Liquidators are in control of the Company’s affairs and are taking steps to realise the assets of Network Distributing Limited. Any enquiries or expressions of interest in the business and assets of Network should contact the Liquidators’ agent as below:

Neal Weekes
Director
Gordon Brothers
Email: nweekes@gordonbrothers.com
t +44 (0)207 647 5131
m +44 (0)7836 226670
mcp

Post by mcp »

The StudioCanal archive copy of the Feb 64 show is a travesty. It's the Seven Arts syndication edit from a fairly dirty 16mm print.
Last edited by mcp on Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Still unfortunate. I do remember seeing the announcement about BNO now but had forgotten about it. The bootlegs are terrible, so even ordinary library copies would have been an improvement. Ah well.

At least one of the Beatles ones was streamed though, someone told me they saw it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
smithy20

Post by smithy20 »

It was also released on DVD " ABC Nights In 'Lincolnshire Closed Today' Network CAT No.7956146,which includes a cracking performance of The Beatles performing in 1963 on 'Big Night Out'! it may be available on ebay or still in some actual dvd shops like HMV but unfortunately now out of print as Network have gone into liquidation.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:52 pm Still unfortunate. I do remember seeing the announcement about BNO now but had forgotten about it. The bootlegs are terrible, so even ordinary library copies would have been an improvement. Ah well.

At least one of the Beatles ones was streamed though, someone told me they saw it.
If these had been streamed in superior quality at some site or network, the PR people there should've been savvy enough to alert the fan communities of all the acts involved in these show. There's a gazillion different networks and streaming sites out there nowadays. We can't be expected to keep up with every new site that pops up.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:27 am I just found out to my horror that the Beatles episodes were streaming last year on Networkonair, remastered and sans timecodes. They would still be available but for the shocking death of Network founder Tim Beddows at only 60 years of age, which has brought the company to an end.

So I guess we really dropped the ball with that one.

In that little side shot of The Beatles performing in 1963? what song are they playing? looks like Twist And Shout but not sure. It would be cool to have all of 1963 big night out in upgraded quality, more then just From Me To You, which we have upgraded quality version of.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Network going out of business is such a tragedy - they put out so many great old British TV shows, including "The Prisoner" and all those Gerry Anderson series, not to mention a ton of obscurities, musicals, and obscure Hitchcock films. There was no one else doing this, and no one likely to pick up the ball now that they're gone.
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

I managed to buy a copy of "The Fosters" complete series just before I heard the news. My first purchase with them is the complete "Monty Python" on Blu-ray, which EVERYONE should own. You don't suppose either Warner or Universal will pick up the mantle and resurface?
We all bleed blue from the inside....