Definitive Masters (PPM Final Revision... finally!)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
jpa

Re: Definitive Masters (Vol 3 & 4 A Hard Day's Night & Long Tall Sally)

Post by jpa »

Many thanks!
Tex

Post by Tex »

The LTS EP sounds great. The mastering on the original Past Masters (Trashed Masters) was atrocious.
Last edited by Tex on Tue May 30, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve1950

Post by steve1950 »

thanks for sharing your work.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You for 3&4
rhino

Post by rhino »

These sound really good . Thanks !
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Fantastic job, really great.
Thank you very much.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

this is brilliant Garrett!

I have burnt on vintage-vinyl-like CDR A Hard Day's Night + the EP. The SQ is amazing. Saw Pattie in the train :oops: :oops: :oops:
Love George's song; and 2 of my favorite McCartney ballads; especially "Things We Said Today"; one of his best before the winner ticket on Revolver and Abbey Road.
Always loved "If I Fell"; but I wish John would have recorded it later; sounds like a POB demo when you listen to the insecure acoustic demo with John's broken/shy voice.
I even rewatched Richard Lester's Criterion blu-ray (now available on UHD) which looks so great and natural film-grain in HD (contrary to the butchered Get Back by P.Jackson - which was shot in 16mm (at worst) and now looks like DV.)

I sincerely hope that you will also release your "Rubber Soul" mix. I have listened through headphones your mix of "Michelle", the warm, natural bass sounds (reminds me Paul's humming the bass for "I Will"), guitar and voice is just superb; pure gem. I can't wait to hear "Girl", "In My Life" and all John's amazing song in what of my favorite "early" Beatles album.
Not that I have lost all hope in a SDE release (after all, no Lennon solo box set, the McCartney Ultimate Box set seems delayed too), so I guess Rubber Soul will come, even though there is no announcement yet. I have no expectations at all for their official remaster; I'm only waiting for it for the rarities (like Revolver); the definitive mix is yours!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

my other favorite McCartney ballad on this album is "And I Love Her". Your mix is superb. Almost 25 years later, McCartney played again a kind of latino-style acoustic guitar solo on "Distraction" (one of my favorite solo songs).
Tex

Post by Tex »

I see what ya did with the LTS EP.

You dialed out the horrendous 2.7 kilohertz-ish hump. 8-)
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Thank you everyone!
Engonoceras wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:28 am I see what ya did with the LTS EP.

You dialed out the horrendous 2.7 kilohertz-ish hump.
Yes indeed. I used Ebbetts Rock n Roll Music rip to help me remaster those tracks. That rip will probably help me remaster some of the other stereo singles in the future as well.
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:29 am this is brilliant Garrett!

I have burnt on vintage-vinyl-like CDR A Hard Day's Night + the EP. The SQ is amazing. Saw Pattie in the train :oops: :oops: :oops:
Love George's song; and 2 of my favorite McCartney ballads; especially "Things We Said Today"; one of his best before the winner ticket on Revolver and Abbey Road.
Always loved "If I Fell"; but I wish John would have recorded it later; sounds like a POB demo when you listen to the insecure acoustic demo with John's broken/shy voice.
I even rewatched Richard Lester's Criterion blu-ray (now available on UHD) which looks so great and natural film-grain in HD (contrary to the butchered Get Back by P.Jackson - which was shot in 16mm (at worst) and now looks like DV.)

I sincerely hope that you will also release your "Rubber Soul" mix. I have listened through headphones your mix of "Michelle", the warm, natural bass sounds (reminds me Paul's humming the bass for "I Will"), guitar and voice is just superb; pure gem. I can't wait to hear "Girl", "In My Life" and all John's amazing song in what of my favorite "early" Beatles album.
Not that I have lost all hope in a SDE release (after all, no Lennon solo box set, the McCartney Ultimate Box set seems delayed too), so I guess Rubber Soul will come, even though there is no announcement yet. I have no expectations at all for their official remaster; I'm only waiting for it for the rarities (like Revolver); the definitive mix is yours!
Well, my Rubber Soul Definitive Master will likely be the least different in terms of what is already available, as the Canadian Disque Americ CD is just about as tonally correct as possible. Remember, this is just a remaster series to bring back the original stereo mixes back to their full glory. Michelle was a remix using the Mogg multitracks.

Not to completely disappoint you though, I do have a few more Rubber Soul remixes up my sleeve. For one, here is "In My Life". It's just the Anthology DVD mix, but the intro and outro have been corrected, and the EQ should be much more enjoyable!

hXXps://drive.google.com/file/d/1dKJtFbbd4p95YjsPU8tFq5v-gvyM579g/view?usp=sharing