FABRACADABRA!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Gmail

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1 new! V3, V6, V7, V8, V9)

Post by Gmail »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:36 am here's the correct url

https://tinyurl.com/expires-jan-13
Thanks!
yuiset1234

Post by yuiset1234 »

Could someone please repost Volume 6? Thanks a lot!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Josh wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:44 am Thanks for the keen attention to detail and for continuing to make your incredible demix series that much better.
Thanks Josh and everybody else. And thanks applebonkerz for the new links.

Sorry about the corrupt url. I was in a rush.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Thanks for revisiting this era of Beatledom. Whenever I hear these tracks I am transported to a time in my life when I was much much younger, living with both of my parents, (who were still married back then,) and starting to explore The Beatles catalog on my own, beyond what was being played on the radio. It was around 1974/1975, and the radio fare in the LA area for the Beatles was limited to I Want To Hold Your Hand, Nowhere Man, Michelle, Help!, I Should Have Known Better, and perhaps a few others. And that was it. So when I saw Introducing The Beatles at my local record store, I bought it, and was pleasantly surprised. There were thoughts of, "Hey! But this isn't 'I Want To Hold Your Hand!,'" and other thoughts of, "This is kinda cool! I like this!"

Whenever I hear the PPM album I feel like I am, once again, that eager 9 - 10yr old Beatle fan experiencing this stuff for the first time.

Thanks again!
-Z
Rupert Pupkin

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1)

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:02 am Okay, here is Volume 1. Those who have been following this series over the years may remember that I upgraded V1 at the start of last year, so there was no need to redo the demixing.

However, I have made some minor tweaks to the balance of various tracks to further improve them. And obviously the tagging and artwork is new.
wunderbar! :) the Saturday existential question : it is longer than 80 minutes; any suggestion about how to split it into 2 CDs ? which song/track to open/start disc 2 ?

I have to say that "Anna" (I still can hear "just one more finger" ;) ) and "Baby It's You" are among my favorite.
But the bonus tracks just makes me cry : "Bad To Me" with backing band and the lovely (one of my favorite) "I'm In Love" with backing band.
Is it exactly the same version than the one you shared through an EP ?
or did you re-EQ and tweak these 2 songs to make in "Spectral Stereo" ?
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:39 pm And thanks applebonkerz for the new links.
You're welcome, all thanks belongs with your great work. Volume 6 was graciously supplied to me tonight and has now been added to my list of links for your updated FABRACADABRA! sets.

Here is the new link for V6 -- hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1zsc-obR_r8LQV_1E0Ynhf-gTY4RxVzZL/view?usp=sharing
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very much !
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:13 am Whenever I hear the PPM album I feel like I am, once again, that eager 9 - 10yr old Beatle fan experiencing this stuff for the first time.
Yeah, I get those sort of feelings too. Most of the early songs are bound up with very happy family memories, and the later ones with happy memories of discovering them with my Beatle friends (whom i'd acquired through being familiar with trhe early songs... a perfect circle!)
applebonkerz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:27 am Volume 6 was graciously supplied to me tonight and has now been added to my list of links for your updated FABRACADABRA! sets.
Thanks! :D
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:08 am wunderbar! :) the Saturday existential question : it is longer than 80 minutes; any suggestion about how to split it into 2 CDs ? which song/track to open/start disc 2 ?
Oh damn I forgot to split them. I would have put up to and including Ringo's love me do on one "disc' and the rest on the other. So here is a modified cover: https://postimg.cc/GTn8w7Y5
But the bonus tracks just makes me cry : "Bad To Me" with backing band and the lovely (one of my favorite) "I'm In Love" with backing band.
Is it exactly the same version than the one you shared through an EP ?
or did you re-EQ and tweak these 2 songs to make in "Spectral Stereo" ?
They are the same as the ep except btm fades out. I'm glad you like them, I can fake the early Beatles playing pretty well. :lol: Just wish i could sing like that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME as always M'Lord .... thank you .....
Lord Reith

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V2, 4)

Post by Lord Reith »

So in the spirit of binge eating here are V2 and V4, once again just tweaks of the revised versions I shared a year ago. But the tweaks are worthwhile. For instance She Loves You keeps more of the power the mono mix has. And actually I did redo This Boy from scratch and it is much better.

2: V2 hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNNINRZYs9FzPJdygZr-sgHk5evo4CIR/view?usp=sharing

4: V4 hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1B3vLI6tZ2LVOQR9P7-TXiE-b9WEzhI6Q/view?usp=sharing

(thanks to applebonkerz for re-ups)

(Oh, and these both fit on one disc!)

And that's it for now! I will remake V5 some time later this year. Too many other things pressing at the moment.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene