Instant Karma (Top Of The Pops twin track)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
The Milky Bar Kid

Re: Instant Karma (Top Of The Pops twin track)

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:16 pm
The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 am Not meaning to be a killjoy, but this thread might be better off in the John (Solo) section that's been established here in recent times, old chap...!!!
There isa no John (Solo) in Remies - Which this is or Videos - Which this is --So why would he put it in Beatlegs John Solo in which it is his own creation and not on any Beatleg or Bootleg since Japan hasn't ripped it off yet?

Final analysis - LORD WINS! This is in the correct spot.
Ah, but you have failed to consider that in the John (Solo) section, there could be threads about audio remixes, videos and videos with remixed audio. Why not?

So, I'm not convinced that your final analysis is without flaws or bias: I do know that there is no winner in an argument about designing a forum layout, or determining exactly where a thread like this should be placed, so don't be too hasty in declaring winners! Designing a forum layout is a bit like designing a house: most house designs are functional and have acceptable aesthetics, but that doesn't mean that 100% of the people using the design will be 100% pleased with it...
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:13 pm Designing a forum layout is a bit like designing a house: most house designs are functional and have acceptable aesthetics, but that doesn't mean that 100% of the people using the design will be 100% pleased with it...
There's a Lord Reith section at my house. It wasn't always so. Many of our remix echelon are cut from unique cloth and their work seems to have unmistakable attributes. I mean unique in technique, theme, style, ethic, or esoteric value, or any thing else resembling signature or trademark. That might not sound like much, but it does tip the scale between 'Remix' and 'Lord Reith'!
Pontification?
God, I hope not.
He ain't the only one!
KC
rhino

Post by rhino »

We're all winners thanks to Lord Reith's generosity !
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thanks a million for this Lord.
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Nice one LR. Great start to the weekend. I love some of the TOTP 'rebel' performances. You can't beat The Stranglers doing No More Heroes.
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

Thanx!
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:13 pm
Darth Kybiel wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:16 pm
The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 am Not meaning to be a killjoy, but this thread might be better off in the John (Solo) section that's been established here in recent times, old chap...!!!
There isa no John (Solo) in Remies - Which this is or Videos - Which this is --So why would he put it in Beatlegs John Solo in which it is his own creation and not on any Beatleg or Bootleg since Japan hasn't ripped it off yet?

Final analysis - LORD WINS! This is in the correct spot.
Ah, but you have failed to consider that in the John (Solo) section, there could be threads about audio remixes, videos and videos with remixed audio. Why not?

So, I'm not convinced that your final analysis is without flaws or bias: I do know that there is no winner in an argument about designing a forum layout, or determining exactly where a thread like this should be placed, so don't be too hasty in declaring winners! Designing a forum layout is a bit like designing a house: most house designs are functional and have acceptable aesthetics, but that doesn't mean that 100% of the people using the design will be 100% pleased with it...
You are wrong again!
John (Solo) is only in the Beatlegs/Bootlegs section. This is not a bootleg release. Japan has not ripped this off of Lord Reith....yet, lol. Since scavaging goons seem to be everywhere. So unless you live in a weird universe where Lord Reith released this on some sort of media platform as a bootleg before he even finished making it......It is not a John (Solo) botleg to fit in that section. And most people have been always looking for Lord Reith material in the Remixes section so why lead someone astray under false pretenses?
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with the layout of the site. There's only (Solo) sections in the actual Bootlegs section, so why would an UNbootlegged REMIX go in a bootleg section?
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

It is bad enough when people REALLY DO post things in wrong sections. If someone posts something in a correct section it seems silly to read critical comments as if a remix doesn't belong in a remix section. If someone wants to get a yeast infection over wanting to put this in the wrtong section, why not just post a link to this post over in the John (Solo) section instead of telling Lord Reith to clutter a wrong section with it.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:52 pm It is bad enough when people REALLY DO post things in wrong sections. If someone posts something in a correct section it seems silly to read critical comments as if a remix doesn't belong in a remix section. If someone wants to get a yeast infection over wanting to put this in the wrtong section, why not just post a link to this post over in the John (Solo) section instead of telling Lord Reith to clutter a wrong section with it.
Totally agreed. There's grey area on some shares that could be placed in multiple locations, but it doesn't make much sense yet to split up other forums. Anything that is obviously in the wrong place gets moved without much fuss, and that's worked fine for us so far.