Let It Be... Monophonic/Frankensteined

Fan created remixes and rare variations
MacaRock

Re: Let It Be... Monophonic/Frankensteined

Post by MacaRock »

Hi Kenny!
As always, wonderful work, I'm really enjoying your LIB mixes
I've got two requests for you, if you don't mind me asking
Could you please put Billy's solo from Naked in the Anthology 3 version of TLAWR?
Also, could you make a merge of the 2021 mix of Get Back + the coda from Take 19 (Disc 2 in the boxset) + the 4 seconds at the end from the Nagras?
Thanks a lot!
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

powerPC wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:47 pm
KennySaxton wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:38 am Here is what you've been waiting for... A mono mix of Let It Be album
Kenny, thanks again for these! The mega folder for the mono LIB shows two files that say "undecrypted file"... all of the songs are there, so I'm assuming the two "undecrypted" are the art files? Can't get to them for some reason...
I don't think I have uploaded undecrypted files, and artwork is inserted in Frankensteined Mixes (as they are m4a files, which allows that)
Words and gibberish remixed from Merriam-Webster's by Kenny Saxton
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

MacaRock wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:40 pm Hi Kenny!
As always, wonderful work, I'm really enjoying your LIB mixes
I've got two requests for you, if you don't mind me asking
Could you please put Billy's solo from Naked in the Anthology 3 version of TLAWR?
Also, could you make a merge of the 2021 mix of Get Back + the coda from Take 19 (Disc 2 in the boxset) + the 4 seconds at the end from the Nagras?
Thanks a lot!
For TLAWR, it can be done, but filtering while keeping it clean will be really pain in the ass.
For Get Back, Take 19 has a totally different sound with single mix, I think I'll need multitracks to remix or the mix will sound disjointed. Also the Nagra tapes are in mono,it will be extremely awkward to insert mono snippets to stereo mix.
glami

Post by glami »

Looks like VERY interesting!
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

These are great..! Thank you, Kenneth..!
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hi Kenny, I am seeing the 2 undecrypted files as well. I will download everything and let you know what I see when they are unzipped and on my computer.

edit: I was able to download 12 files, all of the numbered songs. The other two "undecrypted files" were unable to be downloaded or accessed.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you very much for these Kenny, they are going to be interesting.
beatlefan99

Post by beatlefan99 »

Thank you for this
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

"Bring Back MONO"?
I wonder if Spector attempted a mono mix of the Let It Be album.
Kenny's Monophonic is a convincing argument for the mono format. This effort is loyal to the stereo mix while delivering the the music with intimacy and directness that was previously unknown. I have never enjoyed the Let It Be album as much as this. There is much to say about mono mixing. It is a shame that the industry betrayed the format. Monophonic is a triumph. Beautiful job, Kenny!
So, what a surprise to find that the Frankenstein version provides us with accomplishment that is equally mind-boggling. I have always thought that Phil Spector performed a miracle with the January, 1969 Beatles tapes. It is amazing to consider the speed with which he assembled an album good enough to be a Beatles album AND good enough to carry a dismal movie through its initial release. I don't know how Phil did it when Glyn Johns had not been able to. Amazingly, Frankenstein does the unthinkable. Who would believe that Spector's left-overs could yield a second version of Let It Be that is equal on all levels...perhaps, even better.
Spector is great...but so is Frankenstein. A fresh new reason to re-listen.
Thank you, Kenny!
KC
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Kwai Chang wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm "Bring Back MONO"?
I wonder if Spector attempted a mono mix of the Let It Be album.
Kenny's Monophonic is a convincing argument for the mono format. This effort is loyal to the stereo mix while delivering the the music with intimacy and directness that was previously unknown. I have never enjoyed the Let It Be album as much as this. There is much to say about mono mixing. It is a shame that the industry betrayed the format. Monophonic is a triumph. Beautiful job, Kenny!
So, what a surprise to find that the Frankenstein version provides us with accomplishment that is equally mind-boggling. I have always thought that Phil Spector performed a miracle with the January, 1969 Beatles tapes. It is amazing to consider the speed with which he assembled an album good enough to be a Beatles album AND good enough to carry a dismal movie through its initial release. I don't know how Phil did it when Glyn Johns had not been able to. Amazingly, Frankenstein does the unthinkable. Who would believe that Spector's left-overs could yield a second version of Let It Be that is equal on all levels...perhaps, even better.
Spector is great...but so is Frankenstein. A fresh new reason to re-listen.
Thank you, Kenny!
KC
Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope the work I am doing now (Get Back session outtakes compilation) will amaze you equally ;)