I Am The Walrus (new remix)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
fishbeardsunset

I Am The Walrus (new remix)

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Guys

Especially pleased :roll: :roll: with this one, so any feedback would be most welcome 8-)

hxxps://gofile.io/d/iukIn5
Enjoy!
MarkRJones1970

Re: I Am The Walrus (new remix)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

What have you done with it?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
fishbeardsunset

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:44 pm What have you done with it?
Hi Mark, It’s a complete new remix using the multitrack Rockband files

I’ve enhanced the sound of the orchestral instruments (and hopefully given it a fresh approach with better clarity ,)-which featured eight violins and four cellos, three French horns, and a contrabass clarinet; with added EQ

So,there are subtle differences compared to the (German Apple SHZE 327) version and the original Apple PCTC 255 1967 L.P.
The ending which featured the snippet from BBC radio broadcast production of Shakespeare’s The Tragedy of King Lea was also enhanced. (The broadcast was at the point of Act IV, Scene VI, where the steward “Oswald” is killed) ....
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Thanks for the explanation. I had to ask, it was the 1st Beatles song I ever bought when I was about 13 and is probably my fav ever song. I'll give it a listen!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
fishbeardsunset

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:16 am Thanks for the explanation. I had to ask, it was the 1st Beatles song I ever bought when I was about 13 and is probably my fav ever song. I'll give it a listen!
Hi Mark- Thanks for your reply- May I respectfully request that you download the song rather than play it in the GO file webpage. With a decent set of head phones you should be able to notice the difference! hopefully- :roll:
I'm trying to get hold of the Capital LP of Rarities that had this to say about engineer Ron Furmanek : "The USA “Rarities” LP had some tracks which had not been available for years in the USA (“Misery” and “There’s a Place” were last seen on 1965 Capitol Star Line singles). Of course, now that the British catalogue is dominating, the U.S. “Rarities” compilation is only interesting because of Furmanek’s edits of “I Am The Walrus” with it’s extra bars and “Penny Lane” with the final trumpet ending spliced in from the promo. It has not been released on CD".

I have recently been going through a lot of Rockband multimixes with the intention of trying to improve the sound on my remixes :roll: :roll: - hence the reason why I have been posting quite a few recently. If you get time check out "Eleanor Rigby" which is one that I am also pleased with
All the best :D .
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You!!
fishbeardsunset

BeatleGuy1949 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:55 am Thank You!!
8-) Thank you Beatleguy 8-)
4-track-mind

Post by 4-track-mind »

Even though the 1967 Capitol one (for example) is edited in two places, the original stereo of it has more separation than the 1971-onward/standardized remix. The rhythm track is, basically, isolated on the left (like listening to the "Anthology 2 rehearsal take" almost); while the orchestra is on the right.

that one in 24/88 (which, like the rest of the 1967 mixes of the MMT album, has never been on a real cd)

[hxxps://mega.nz/file/fBU2SDjA#Pj5wZzkPE ... _c0vNSeEcA]
Think for yourself 'cause I won't be there with you... :lol:
fishbeardsunset

4-track-mind wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm Even though the 1967 Capitol one (for example) is edited in two places, the original stereo of it has more separation than the 1971-onward/standardized remix. The rhythm track is, basically, isolated on the left (like listening to the "Anthology 2 rehearsal take" almost); while the orchestra is on the right.

that one in 24/88 (which, like the rest of the 1967 mixes of the MMT album, has never been on a real cd)

[hxxps://mega.nz/file/fBU2SDjA#Pj5wZzkPE ... _c0vNSeEcA]
Dear 4-track-mind
Whilst I can appreciate anyone commenting on my efforts, and am more than pleased with the number of downloads it has received (133).With that in mind however, I fail to understand the need for you to hijack other people's threads - and not even say a thank you or pass any constructive comments on my work whatsoever-,but instead introduce your own version of a track that is not even worth listening to, drops out at the 2:03 mark in the left hand speaker (although you have made some obscure reference to that point if I can understand what it is you have written :? )
You did the same with my "HELP" remaster - which provoked a response from Alpha Beatles- about your version of "The Night Before" and how thin it sounded etc blah, blah....but completely ignored my original posting... If you want to offer up your Capital versions or whatever, why don't you create a brand new POST instead of jumping on other people's.....
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Thanks!
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud