Pete Best's Beatles - Boys

Fan created remixes and rare variations
paul62

Re: Happiness Is A Warm Gun (regular version augmented with guitars from Take 19)

Post by paul62 »

This might possibly be one of the most gorgeous and sumptuous versions of this song that could ever be conjured up...!!!

Across The Universe (left channel from Take 2, right channel from Take 6) remix prepared by paul62 v2
https://yung.cloud/track/38042/across-t ... -paul62-v2

(I remember Engonoceras liking the first draft of this (when I'd uploaded that to "the 'zone" in December 2018) and let him know that it was inspired by an earlier effort by Lance Hall (who'd made two mixes synching up the Anthology version with some of the WWF version, back in 2010 or thereabouts). I'll post Hall's efforts underneath):

https://yung.cloud/track/38043/beatles- ... -version-1
https://yung.cloud/track/38044/beatles- ... -version-2
Last edited by paul62 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
paul62

Re: Happiness Is A Warm Gun (regular version augmented with guitars from Take 19)

Post by paul62 »

Another one to have a listen to:
Cry Baby Cry (Take 1 blended with the regular version) - Can You Take Me Back (fadeout fixed) prepared by paul62
https://yung.cloud/track/38082/cry-baby ... -by-paul62
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Re: Cry Baby Cry (Take 1 blended with the regular version) - Can You Take Me Back (fadeout fixed)

Post by paul62 »

I thought I'd share the rare "Australian" version of "I Want To Hold Your Hand", taken from the Greatest Hits Volume 1 LP I've shared here.
Quite a lot of work was needed to get this one into shape!
https://yung.cloud/track/38083/05-i-wan ... -by-paul62
(I'll share the rare "Australian" version of "She's A Woman", taken from the Greatest Hits Volume 2 LP I've shared, as well).

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Lord Reith

Re: Cry Baby Cry (Take 1 blended with the regular version) - Can You Take Me Back (fadeout fixed)

Post by Lord Reith »

paul62 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am I thought I'd share the rare "Australian" version of "I Want To Hold Your Hand", taken from the Greatest Hits Volume 1 LP I've shared here.
(I'll share the rare "Australian" version of "She's A Woman", taken from the Greatest Hits Volume 2 LP I've shared, as well).
Thanks. It seems they did this just for Australia and it was sent there never to return, necessitate the inferior remix in 1966 (which they mixed like Revolver, panning all the bass frequencies into the centre).
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

paul62 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am I thought I'd share the rare "Australian" version of "I Want To Hold Your Hand", taken from the Greatest Hits Volume 1 LP I've shared here.
Very cool, thanks Paul! Any chance I could get both of those Australian tracks in lossless? I have them, but really dig your “spruced up” version 👏
—Keith
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 am Thanks. It seems they did this just for Australia and it was sent there never to return, necessitate the inferior remix in 1966 (which they mixed like Revolver, panning all the bass frequencies into the centre).
We'll call it the "convict version"!! :lol: :D

The Beatles tape vault at EMI Australia might be an interesting place to visit (unless the tapes were sent back to the UK when the catalogue became standardised, worldwide, in the late '80s (or something along those lines)).

I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone knew someone else who'd managed to get dupes of the Australian tapes (or maybe was able to take the actual Australian tape masters home because he worked at EMI and the tapes were about to be junked, or something along those lines). Don't recall any other details about the matter (but wouldn't those tapes be great to hear, played back on the right equipment...!!!).

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

powerPC wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 am Very cool, thanks Paul! Any chance I could get both of those Australian tracks in lossless? I have them, but really dig your “spruced up” version 👏
I'm thinking of sprucing up the two LPs, so once done, we'll have 24 bit 48 kHz versions of the two LPs!!

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

paul62 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 am
powerPC wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 am Very cool, thanks Paul! Any chance I could get both of those Australian tracks in lossless? I have them, but really dig your “spruced up” version 👏
I'm thinking of sprucing up the two LPs, so once done, we'll have 24 bit 48 kHz versions of the two LPs!!
Even better! Hit me up once they’re done, I’d hate to miss it 👍
—Keith
paul62

Re: "Australian" version of "I Want To Hold Your Hand"

Post by paul62 »

Here's the beta version of "She's A Woman" for now!!!
05 She's A Woman (cleaned up and remastered from GH Vol.2 LP by paul62)
https://yung.cloud/track/38084/05-shes- ... -by-paul62

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

paul62 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:05 am

I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone knew someone else who'd managed to get dupes of the Australian tapes (or maybe was able to take the actual Australian tape masters home because he worked at EMI and the tapes were about to be junked, or something along those lines). Don't recall any other details about the matter (but wouldn't those tapes be great to hear, played back on the right equipment...!!!).
The story is that when the cds came out in 87 they threw all their previous master tapes in a skip and they were rescued and taken home by an employee. Lucky guy.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene