Pete Best's Beatles - Boys

Fan created remixes and rare variations
paul62

Re: Uncle Albert (rare mix)

Post by paul62 »

Sologui wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:40 pm Thank you for your mixes, always of high quality. You are very brave to work on Two Virgins :) I frankly have trouble with this album. Yoko is too present.
Maxwell Hammer's "psychedelic" version is surprising. Had to think about this mixture, which works well
For Uncle Albert, I really like double voices (Which vocal versions?) And what is the cover music ? He is doing very well
Bravo again my dear Paul
Thanks for your great feedback, Laurent!!!

For the "Two Virgins" version, I've synched up the two sides (one side is 100% to the left, the other side is 100% to the right), I've done some more work to clean up the sound (it's one of the most lo-fi releases, aside from the Star Club tape/s, associated with The Beatles!!) and then pulled frequencies 60Hz to 198Hz to the centre to solidify the sound and make it a three point stereo remix.

For "Maxwell's Noisy Laboratory" I did an instrumental mix from the .mogg file of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and superimposed a mix of "Under The Mersey Wall" ("UTMW" had been cut into a number of even lengths and these portions had been superimposed upon each other in an earlier mixing session: I've used versions of that to provide a textured layer of sound to various remixes).

The "Uncle Albert" track is a cover version sourced from an old LP my family bought in the early '70s with 20 hits of the day performed by session musicians and mixed in mono (to squeeze as many tracks on to each side as was possible): a lot of work undertaken to get that sounding as good as I could. Vocals from the Ram version of the song were extracted, shaped and synched as best as I could to the cover version vocals and then iZotope's Vocal Doubler effect used to get an ADT effect.
powerPC wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:43 pm Thanks Paul! Great stuff... by the way, if anyone here is using Mac OS and trying to play these young.cloud tracks in Safari browser, it WON'T work... you'll have to go through Chrome (or at least that's how I got them to play). Other browsers like Firefox may work, I haven't tried.

-Keith
Sologui wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:32 pm
Indeed, I had the same problem on my Mac. Under Safari it doesn't work ... luckily we have Chrome

Does anyone know of another simple host for audio streaming ?
Thanks for persevering and having a listen, Keith and Laurent (and everybody else following this thread)!!

SoundCloud is good for free streaming, but their algorithms are quite clever in picking up copyrighted material, even when the material has been modified!!
Clyp.it was good, but they have moved to a business model requiring payment (just like photobucket did a few years ago).
Whyp.it emerged as a response to Clyp.it chasing after revenue: it is good, but the uploads have a 24 hour life span, only.
So, all things considered, yungcloud has been the best one I've found, so far.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
paul62

Post by paul62 »

A couple of versions of "I'll Be Back" done in the pre-spectral demixing era, given a sonic revamp:

I'll Be Back (composite of electric and acoustic takes) best
https://yung.cloud/track/38028/ill-be-b ... takes-best

I'll Be Back (electric guitar and acoustic guitar takes synched, remixed by paul62) v2
https://yung.cloud/track/38029/ill-be-b ... -paul62-v2
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Yung.cloud is great Paul. I like it a lot, now that I’m going at it with the right browser 😉

Is there any way to download from there? Your mixes are really enjoyable!
—Keith
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Another oldie, given a sonic revamp:
What You're Doing (take 11 remixed by paul62)
https://yung.cloud/track/38030/what-you ... -by-paul62

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

powerPC wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:35 am Yung.cloud is great Paul. I like it a lot, now that I’m going at it with the right browser 😉

Is there any way to download from there? Your mixes are really enjoyable!
I don't think downloads are possible, Keith, but I'll make these available for people interested enough to indicate that they'd like to have a lossless copy.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Another oldie ("Revolution 9" with "What A Shame Mary Jane Had A Pain At The Party" superimposed): again, given a sonic revamp.
https://yung.cloud/track/38031/whats-th ... -by-paul62

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

I really like these. Would you be able to do download links for these?
paul62

Post by paul62 »

JPM7756 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:51 pm I really like these. Would you be able to do download links for these?
I've sent you a PM, JPM!!

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Here's an improved version of something that csnyfan liked when he had a thread called White Album Fun back in "the 'zone": he asked me to join him in posting more of my White Album remixes (feeling pressured to pump out product, I told him that I was certain he could do a great job...!!!).

Happiness Is A Warm Gun (regular version augmented with guitars from Take 19) remix by paul62 v4
https://yung.cloud/track/38037/happines ... -paul62-v4

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Re: Happiness Is A Warm Gun (regular version augmented with guitars from Take 19)

Post by paul62 »

Another nice pair...!!!

Mother Nature's Son (left channel from '87 CD, right channel Take 15) v2 remix by paul62
https://yung.cloud/track/38038/mother-n ... -by-paul62

Mother Nature's Son (left channel Take 15, right channel from regular version) v2 remix by paul62
https://yung.cloud/track/38039/mother-n ... -by-paul62

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing