The Complete Beatles (Remade)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

The Complete Beatles (Remade)

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Here's something you might find interesting and worth a download. Here's a remade/remastered/reedited version of 'The Complete Beatles' documentary from 1982.

It was up on Vimeo for a while and I managed to download it from there before it was taken down by the Apple bonkers. After my first watch I was impressed by how well it had put been together using improved fidelty photos & footage. My only gripe was the person who made this, someone called Joe Anthony, inserted a photo of what was supposed to be John Lennon as a child at 5:51 that cleary wasn't John. Via Twitter I told him this. (You can see the remants of the post here: Most of it has gone now)
He did not believe me and was adamant that I was wrong and that was, in fact, a photo of John Lennon. When I insisted it wasn't he got rather abusive towards me, which was a great shame and I wasn't expecting it. I was telling him so he could maybe substitute it for a photo that was of John and he could reupload it. Anyway, his witter account has now gone. He couldn't even understand how I found his video. He himself posted about it on Twitter and I read the tweet! He said I wasn't allowed to watch his video anymore. I told him I already had and I'd downloaded it. It all got rather silly, I was trying to help and his reaction was totally over the top. I got the impression he may have been a kid.

Anyway, the original doc was 1:59:40 long. This version is 2:13:52 so it's been slightly extended too. A couple of times Joe obviously couldn't find exactly the same footage in higher quality that was used in the original. For example, the opening montage of Liverpool is different.

I thought Joe Anthony did a good job, which is why I'm offering it to all of you. If the link doesn't work at any point then it's just because the traffic has been too high, wait for a bit and try again later. I'll leave it up for a good while. Let me know what you think. It's not perfect but I enjoyed watching it.
Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Phil_Lip

Re: The Complete Beatles (Remade)

Post by Phil_Lip »

Thanks, looking forward to it once bandwidth allows.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
James_Creek

Post by James_Creek »

what's with the colorful circles?
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

James_Creek wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 pm what's with the colorful circles?
Thats a Google drive thing obviously. I guess its 'processing'. Shouldn't be doing it forever
Last edited by MarkRJones1970 on Sun May 16, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Ah! Same version though. Shame he didn't get rid of that bogus photo :(
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Wogew

Post by Wogew »

onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

Thanks for this!
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
snrub

Post by snrub »

Thanks Roger, this is great work as always!
I like the idea of upgrading and extending parts of the film, but it sadly resulted in my favorite part getting cut out (Billy Preston playing his solo live in the middle of his interview).
C90

Post by C90 »

An excellent post, which corrects - once and for all - the sort of misinformation which can get established as 'fact' on the internet.