The most exhaustive chronology possible of The Beatles and post-Beatles

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
GillesBonmati

The most exhaustive chronology possible of The Beatles and post-Beatles

Post by GillesBonmati »

Hello everyone,

I have been reading you for a long time, but I have never dared to write, not feeling "up to it"... excess of humility... But today it is different, I would like to send you a work that I have been doing on Excel for years, a file that would represent the most exhaustive possible chronology of the Beatles and the post-Beatles....... For that, I tried to collect all the dates of concerts, radio and TV shows, interviews, recording sessions, demos, films and TV reports (excluding filming)... etc, etc... The "missing" titles (existing actually, or impossible to find!) are in bold / italics. Only the official discographies of UK/US albums are assiduously mentioned, but certain releases (official and unofficial) are also mentioned, for a more complete or understandable classification. Of course, I know a lot of tracks aren't there, but that's because they've just been remastered and not re-recorded or remixed... For solo careers, I'm only listing tracks that I have and the official releases. That's it, everything is said :) My wish is obviously that you are interested, whether you want to report an error (there are surely many!) or talk about a missing title, I would like, I admit, that you don't don't hesitate to let me know and then, who knows, to share with me files that I miss, or that could perfect my collection... Thank you to all of you, the top names I read, enthusiasts of all stripes, for your attention...and for being very indulgent with me! :)

Here is my Excel : hxxps://mega.nz/file/HxgkyZDS#SoL9Yzgz0 ... qJGU__Da7w
and here too : https://bonmatigilles8.wixsite.com/gilles-bonmati
Here is the audio and video files available on the hard drive: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/ml4URCra#jJaujO5l_jABPmbCmt2pBw
Last edited by GillesBonmati on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
noirbar

Re: The most exhaustive chronology possible of The Beatles and post-Beatles

Post by noirbar »

Hey Gilles,

Very interested in your work here. Sounds like an amazing effort. A true Beatles Alpha Omega.

A glitch for me - I opened the file and scrolled to the top and my version was blank. I'm on a Mac and may not be viewing/opening right. Welcome any suggestions and can't wait to see the finished work.

Thanks again!

Michael
peerke

Post by peerke »

Wow, great job.
Thanks, Gilles.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

What a diverse topic.
Your free Marriage Survivor t-shirt is at will-call!
Writing is a form of madness. I don't like to write but I got addicted to it when I joined this forum.
I don't think anyone will ever be able to help me. I'm desperately searching for the cannabis known as Brain Damage because I want to write far out things about The Beatles, too. Because there are only four people who ever knew how to make Beatles Music. I'm not one of them. However, don't take yourself too seriously. ALL things lead back to The Beatles. You may want to specialize because The Beatles defy all laws of Math, Science, Spaniards Rights and of course, independent candidacy for Paddington. If you didn't know, the Beatles are known for their clever music. But, the best things they ever did were for non-musical. They were kicking ass for seven years and the world will never understand just HOW MANY things changed during those seven years. Culture need not be demographic or regional. The Beatles made it melodic. They made it look easy. They made it look fun. Their charisma could win over any heart that was willing to listen. They are really ambassadors for compassion and humanity in general. The source of their charm was the openmindedness of their opinions. They were pleasantly optimistic and did not discriminate or reek of bigotry. Quite the opposite. Everything they say is fresh and funny. The fact that they showed up in the U.S. means they have succeeded, ALREADY! They speak for everyone! The whole world is represented in their music. It's okay to be young. Or, like me...62 yrs old and still still young. When you love The Beatles, you are really confirming your ideals of Youth. If you never let go of those ideals, you never get old.
Or, that eternal flames can be found can be found in 60 year old music.
Who knows, you might even want to download some of it.
Please take my advice. It's overwhelming too because, after April 1970, I bet they didn't hardly remember any of it...and they knew that the charisma had left the courthouse!
Peace, GillesBonmati.
..and, thank you!
KC
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

noirbar wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:57 am Hey Gilles,

Very interested in your work here. Sounds like an amazing effort. A true Beatles Alpha Omega.

A glitch for me - I opened the file and scrolled to the top and my version was blank. I'm on a Mac and may not be viewing/opening right. Welcome any suggestions and can't wait to see the finished work.

Thanks again!

Michael

I'm sorry you can't! I don't know anything about Mac but if you want I put the file available via MEGA:

hxxps://mega.nz/file/q85DVJzB#qztAoQXft ... HWSWFe3MBw
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

peerke wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 am Wow, great job.
Thanks, Gilles.
That's very nice thank you :)
Grackleflint

Post by Grackleflint »

Wow!, thanks very much. I'll be looking this over
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Ooh, I love a good spreadsheet. Just a quick glimpse of it shows how much time, care and attention has gone in to it. I applaud you Sir and I look forward to delving into it.
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

Nimbus wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:34 pm Ooh, I love a good spreadsheet. Just a quick glimpse of it shows how much time, care and attention has gone in to it. I applaud you Sir and I look forward to delving into it.
Very kind word. Yes, it took me a while....see a while! I will even push this hobby for years....
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

You're welcome. There are a few small mistakes I've seen but perfectly understandable as it's clear that English isn't your first language. The most glaring one is 'Robert Plant Studios, New York' which should be 'Record Plant' (#13542). Unless John was hanging out with Led Zepellin ;)