Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Patrick Healy

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 4 available now)

Post by Patrick Healy »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm
LFSDoc wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:21 pm
masterjedi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm Volume 5 is now up! See original post for link.

Highlights include the continuation of the Anthology DVD outtakes medley with greatly reduced reverb, and the I Feel Fine take 8 snippet with the voiceover removed. Enjoy!
thanks so much! You probably noticed yourself but the second snippet of the pre take 1 of She's A Woman has chat and instrument noodling coming from a different session, by the sound of the drums I would say some recording from Pepper or later...
cheers
Doc
It does, as does much of the Rockband chat. Some of it can be isolated, but not all, so I decided to leave it as is.
From the rhythm the drums are playing it sounds to me like The Ballad of John and Yoko.
RunoutGroove

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 7 available now)

Post by RunoutGroove »

Just want to add my continuing thanks for the series updates. CRS is one the the main reasons I love this forum.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm It does, as does much of the Rockband chat. Some of it can be isolated, but not all, so I decided to leave it as is.
I wanted to add that on the Run For Your Life unknown take, the chat from before Sgt Pepper Reprise take 8, as well as the accompanying guitar bits, have been superimposed over the top.
Is it possible to get rid of this with spectral editing or OOPSing or are we just stuck with how it is?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Patrick Healy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:12 am
masterjedi wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:48 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:38 pm Masterjedi, a question about the Please Please Me sessions volume - is the unique mix of ISHSTtk9 from the Free As a Bird CD single included there?
No, no modern mixes are included unless they contain unheard material. The Studio 2 Sessions copy from Yellow Dog is more complete and without added reverb, so it was used instead.
What is unique in the Anthology 2 version of 12 Bar Original?
Just higher quality. If Barrett's tapes were just a little better, I wouldn't have included it.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Patrick Healy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:40 pm
masterjedi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm It does, as does much of the Rockband chat. Some of it can be isolated, but not all, so I decided to leave it as is.
I wanted to add that on the Run For Your Life unknown take, the chat from before Sgt Pepper Reprise take 8, as well as the accompanying guitar bits, have been superimposed over the top.
Is it possible to get rid of this with spectral editing or OOPSing or are we just stuck with how it is?
Those Rockband clips are a mess. Sometimes I wish I had just left them off. How do we know that any of that one is from Run For Your Life?
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

masterjedi wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:08 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:40 pm
Those Rockband clips are a mess. Sometimes I wish I had just left them off. How do we know that any of that one is from Run For Your Life?
I think it's still a good idea to include them just in case because there is at least some unheard studio material in them, regardless of what it is.
Ants

Post by Ants »

I was wondering...
Would it be possible to erase the fake count-in at the start of Taxman, so that only the real one and the guitar noodling are audible (and we get the real intro)?
OOPSing cancels it quite well, both on the commercial and the Anthology versions, but it's still a bit audible (I think it's not perfectly centered).

Maybe we'll get those on the new SDE edition.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 am I was wondering...
Would it be possible to erase the fake count-in at the start of Taxman, so that only the real one and the guitar noodling are audible (and we get the real intro)?
OOPSing cancels it quite well, both on the commercial and the Anthology versions, but it's still a bit audible (I think it's not perfectly centered).

I took a look at the Anthology version last night. You can eliminate the fake count-in pretty well, but I see what you mean, there is still some high-frequency stuff left over with oopsing. Plus, you're left with the overdubbed screeching sounds as well. If you want to get back to just the rhythm track with no overdubs, you would need to remove everything common to both channels, and just use the resulting left channel. I'll see how well this can be done without introducing too many artifacts.
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:11 pm
Ants wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 am I was wondering...

I took a look at the Anthology version last night. You can eliminate the fake count-in pretty well, but I see what you mean, there is still some high-frequency stuff left over with oopsing. Plus, you're left with the overdubbed screeching sounds as well. If you want to get back to just the rhythm track with no overdubs, you would need to remove everything common to both channels, and just use the resulting left channel. I'll see how well this can be done without introducing too many artifacts.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
I'd really like to hear the original Taxman intro, without the fake count-in and overdubs. So if you're trying to do that, well, it would be awesome. :D
P.S.: by "screeching sounds" you mean the ones in the right channel? Those wouldn't be a problem for me, since they're still part of the original performance, and they were not overdubbed on purpose during the intro at a later stage (like the fake count-in).
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

I have done that a while ago, will upload later