TheLazenby Memorial Thread

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
RalseiDeltarune

TheLazenby Memorial Thread

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

This is the thread where we put the works of TheLazenby back into circulation. Credit for this idea goes to Paul62.

I'll start off by posting his 2021 Remaster of Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band.

I think this is the only one that I have from him; and man, it's a real treat. For people who are tired of listening to Sgt. Pepper and want to imagine what an alternate universe version would be like, or if you're familiar with The Rutles and wanna kick back and listen to a Rutle album in a whole new way, TheLazenby definitely filled that gap for you.

hxxps://we.tl/t-30znn0rfmA
Available for one week.

Rest in peace.
powerPC

Re: TheLazenby Memorial Thread

Post by powerPC »

Grand idea -- thank you Paul62 for suggesting it, and RalseiDeltarune for implementing it.

I have 4 Rutles 'albums' that TheLazenby created and shared on YouTube in 2017... I downloaded the audio for all 4 and found it strangely 'satisfying' that someone had the foresight and talent to be able to produce something that was enjoyable in its own right, but also kept in the spirit of what the whole Rutles concept embodied. Fun stuff! I commented on these and Steve was always friendly and gracious to discuss (I think at one point he changed his username to The Man In The Magenta Wig?). We never met, other than comments on the forum here and there, but he seemed like a very cool cat.

I'm sharing 3 of the 4 albums I got from him (I'm omitting the first iteration of "Sgt. Rutter" which he upgraded this year, so I don't think he would want an old version shared)... since I grabbed them from YouTube, they're all in m4a format (sorry, it's all I've got).

Links valid for one week:

"Please Rut Me" - hxxps://we.tl/t-sSbP3xgsBr
"A Hard Day's Rut" - hxxps://we.tl/t-nvp4LsVuZT
"Shabby Road" - hxxps://we.tl/t-Cq1pUHIXN2
—Keith
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for starting this thread - and thanks to TheLazenby - May he rest in eternal peace - Thank you too for all the joy that you gave us .....
dentonmmm

Post by dentonmmm »

Thank you so much for starting this I know he would be proud.
I have a few things he sent me but i'm living bi-continentally and won't be in my other place (where I have everything) for a few months. But I will try to post some goodies when I have access to my hard drives.

For now here is one thing he sent me (that I have with me)

Steves transfer of - 33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee (Soundtrack) (The computer says it was sent to me April 2019 - Not sure if he ever updated it.)

PS - This is not a rip off the vinyl bootleg. He rebuilt it using the blu ray if I remember correctly.

Enjoy - Link good for 7 days

hxxps://we.tl/t-iiUFjDG6pL
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you dentonmmm / The Lazenby (R.I.P.) for this share.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

A few months back I consulted with him to get his thoughts on a new version of the wall we are calling The Maximum Wall, being that he had produced his own amazing version. We wanted his input on what we were doing and he was nice enough to to give us a detailed breakdown of his suggestions for improvements and general changes. The project was put on the backburner for a while but i have been bugging my friend the past 2 weeks to finish it up as it was already 95% done. I will be happy to post it here shortly when it is complete.

So sad to hear the news. I heard he was only 34. Way too young. RIP Laz and thanks for the music!

M

ps Does anyone know what happened?
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

I will also get together this weekend all the stuff I have from him to post including:

Pink Floyd- The Complete Wall Final Immersion Of The Wall- A RECONSTRUCTION BY THELAZENBY plus PDFs
Dangerous 2 (TheLazenby)
The Bluest Album (TheLazenby)
Thriller II (TheLazenby)
The Complete Heroes and Villains (TheLazenby)
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

The best way I can think of to keep TheLazenby's legacy alive is to post what he did best. Here's my favorite:

THE BEE GEES
THE AUSTRALIAN YEARS 1963-1968 + RARITIES + COVERED
10CD

Discs 1-9
hxxps://we.tl/t-Ds3ozMyvt1

Disc 10
hxxps://we.tl/t-bRzDmMT6Fj
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

let me take you down (strawberry fields sessions)
hxxps://we.tl/t-HlfP2KXj0D
Thanks TheLazenby.