"Radhe Shaam" - unheard song featuring George and Ringo

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Rupert Pupkin

Re: "Radhe Shaam" - unheard song featuring George and Ringo

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

yeah and csnyfan you did such an amazing studio mix of "Sour Milk Sea" !
I do remember "Badge" (instrumental) which was posted on a blog- story about the Leslie effect and the recording of this song.
I though that Clapton played the guitar solo and George the rhythm arpeggio guitar;
in fact, it was quite the opposite.
And it seems that Eric Clapton often used this kind of arpeggio guitar even pushing it too an hypnotic arpeggio (like the Beatles did for I Want You (She's So Heavy) on "Let It Grow" for instance. Whilst the guitar solo on Badge reminds me the guitar-solos work in Abbey Road (the guitar solo at the end of You Never Give Me Your Money for instance)
So, apparently George influenced Eric and Eric influenced George and vice versa... ;)
Tex

Post by Tex »

Yeah, gotta be Clapton on lead guitar.

The tape sounds mangled.
Tex

Post by Tex »

By the way, the X-minus site does a great job removing the vocals.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

In my opinion…which means nothing…that is definitely not George playing lead. It doesn’t sound like him and he wasn’t doing the whole slide-like thing at that point at least not on that level. This track needs further investigation as to the personnel. It could very well be him on the leslie’d rhythm part.

Beatlebug wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:17 pm When I first heard this today my first thought was it was a fake. There's no way that George could play like that, and I posted to say so on the Hoffman forum.

It seems that others there agree and that it's probably Clapton playing the solo. If George was there then he's probably playing rhythm.

This begs the questions though as to when this was recorded - probably later than 1968 and not at the time of the Hey Jude sessions as stated.

The singer himself has previously said it was done in 1969/70, which possibly places it at the first 'It Don't Come Easy' sessions.

Still, it's great to hear something new from this time period.
Last edited by Rickenbacker325 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for the download link.
JosRem

Post by JosRem »

I see that there is now a discussion as to exactly when it was recorded. The official website here http://radheshaam.com/ (that looks like it is still in progress) shows a picture of Ringo apparently taken at the sessions and he looks more like he did in early 1970, so we'll see what further information comes out over the next few days.

It's incredible, though, that the track has been tucked away for all these years, unheard and unreported.

All the best to you all
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

JosRem wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:40 am I see that there is now a discussion as to exactly when it was recorded. The official website here http://radheshaam.com/ (that looks like it is still in progress) shows a picture of Ringo apparently taken at the sessions and he looks more like he did in early 1970, so we'll see what further information comes out over the next few days.

It's incredible, though, that the track has been tucked away for all these years, unheard and unreported.

All the best to you all
The date can be determined by finding out when the film 'East Meets West' was made. The song was meant for that film.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

I agree that´s not George doing the solo. It´s not his style and technic at all.
Maybe on the rhythm guitar.
vinylwall

Post by vinylwall »

3/10/1970 at Trident Studio.
DeeBee

Post by DeeBee »

vinylwall wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:38 pm 3/10/1970 at Trident Studio.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/solobea ... tml#p36624