What do you consider to be the best Beatles audio/video interview?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
silver_2000

Re: What do you consider to be the best Beatles audio/video interview?

Post by silver_2000 »

twogurusindrag wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 am Is there anything recorded that is in depth? Besides Anthology, you know.
If you're a big Lennon fan, and have read/listened to Lennon Remembers with Rolling Stone, 1980 Playboy interviews, but wanted a video aspect to it, I highly highly recommend this fan movie, its just an actor reading the two transcripts.

The best 'real' audio visual interview is 1966 ITN News backstage interview, beautiful quality, insightful questions.
evenswr

Post by evenswr »

silver_2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 pm The best 'real' audio visual interview is 1966 ITN News backstage interview, beautiful quality, insightful questions.
Backstage where, do you remember? I checked http://beatlesonfilm.com/tb1966.html and don't see one that seems to match what you're talking about.
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

evenswr wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 pm The best 'real' audio visual interview is 1966 ITN News backstage interview, beautiful quality, insightful questions.
Backstage where, do you remember? I checked http://beatlesonfilm.com/tb1966.html and don't see one that seems to match what you're talking about.
Kando

Post by Kando »

Thanks much to both Mr Bump and twogurusindrag for the text copies of the interview. I was going to just copy the Beatles' Bible text copy into a word doc until I actually looked down one post and saw that twogurusindrag's version was already done that way, lol.

I would just keep the Beatles' Bible version, as I like that they saved the Playboy layout, and I would like originality, but when you open the saved files afterwards each entire page has this rather dark background, behind the print, of little Beatles pictures, which makes reading rather distracting. You see these background pics around the edges of the page on the actual web page, but not directly under the print though. Anyone know a way of getting around that when saving the actual web page, lol?

I skimmed through the interview just now and really enjoyed it. I thought that for the most part they were just being their usually Beatles cheeky selves, but you have to really pay attention to the subtext at times, since there are no "lol's", "ha, ha's", or emogis embedded anywhere, ha, ha, lol. :D

Overall a very good interview, although it seemed like the interviewer might want to lighten up just a little, lol. But then again, not much subtext to go on there, lol.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

A little off track the but The Traveling Wilburys MTV interview with George Tom and Jeff. I don't think I've ever seen George so relaxed for a long time.