Another guitar in another attic🫣

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
beatlepaul

Another guitar in another attic🫣

Post by beatlepaul »

The Framus 12-string Hootenanny acoustic guitar used by John in the film Help and played on the Rubber Soul album has been found in another attic, get the ladders out guys.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 235008971/
Phil_Lip

Re: Another guitar in another attic🫣

Post by Phil_Lip »

The line “the greatest find of a Beatles guitar since Paul McCartney’s lost 1961 Höfner bass guitar.” made me chuckle. I need to check my attic - Damn it! I don't have one.

Thanks for the info.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I glanced the articles but they never said who gave who the guitar and how it ended up in (whose?) attic.
stereohysteria

Post by stereohysteria »

Gringo557 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 pm I glanced the articles but they never said who gave who the guitar and how it ended up in (whose?) attic.
John originally gave it to Gordon Waller of Peter & Gordon, who in turn gave it to a roadie, whose family had kept it since, not knowing what they had. Here's the livestream announcement (the highlight of which comes at 22:36 when one of the presenters nearly hits the other in the face with the Hootenanny's headstock!):

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I wish they could find my first guitar.

I lent it to a girl some 35 years ago, never saw it again. :cry: :cry:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 am I wish they could find my first guitar.

I lent it to a girl some 35 years ago, never saw it again. :cry: :cry:
I'm with you M'Lord. Id love to have my 1964 Gibson Skylark amp back to set beside my 62 Gibson SG Junior. Still have the guitar but the amp is long gone. BTW, could you check in your closet please?)

Kevin
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

Does anyone recall a US Beatles fans who frequented the conventions in Liverpool and had guitars that he claimed were given to him by John during a US visit to Miami(I think?). The guitars (I'm almost sure there were two) were signed and covered with a clear laminate to protect them. He charge $5 per photo if you wanted to hold the guitar. God knows where they ended up.