[REQ] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session Video

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
cliftdean74

[REQ] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session Video

Post by cliftdean74 »

Would anyone happen to have a good quality video of Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session featuring George and Ringo and lots of other people?
journeyman

Re: [REQ] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session Video

Post by journeyman »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 am Would anyone happen to have a good quality video of Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session featuring George and Ringo and lots of other people?
I believe this is a commercially available dvd? You might be worth checking the usual outlets such as Amazon etc
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

journeyman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:53 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 am Would anyone happen to have a good quality video of Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session featuring George and Ringo and lots of other people?
I believe this is a commercially available dvd? You might be worth checking the usual outlets such as Amazon etc
This is an out of print DVD / VHS / laserdisc so it’s only available via resellers selling used copies on Amazon and eBay. If there were a current commercial copy available I would buy it. I don’t request anything that I can purchase retail.

If you have a link for a new in print DVD please do send it.
Somnar

Post by Somnar »

Plenty of used copies around for $15 or so, but if you want a new one for $80, here you go:

hxxps://www.amazon.com/Carl-Perkins-Friends-Roc ... B000065B0I
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Somnar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:37 am Plenty of used copies around for $15 or so, but if you want a new one for $80, here you go:
Let me just make sure I’m understanding you correctly. I made a request for a video that is currently out of print everywhere and that someone on the forum likely has in their collection. And your suggestion to me is that I can purchase a “used - acceptable” DVD from a reseller on Amazon or a new (out of print) copy from a reseller on Amazon for $80?

I can’t calculate the hours and expense I have put into sharing audio and video materials with this forum. My contributions to the board speak for themselves. And now, I make a simple request for an out of print video and these are the first 2 responses I get? Go buy a used copy.

Noted.

And while I’m off doing that I’ll also be shelving the rest of the material I had lined up to share with the forum in the near and distant future.

Thanks for the suggestions, Somnar & journeyman!
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

I think I have an original DVD at home, I will check later.
In the meantime, here is a nice quality TV rip.

hxxps://we.tl/t-TpK9YU5Hcz
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Phil_Lip wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:29 pm I think I have an original DVD at home, I will check later.
In the meantime, here is a nice quality TV rip.
Very nice quality! The sound is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing this with me, Phil_Lip!
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

no need to feel offended, dear cliftdean74. i think most people (me included) here on beatlegdb truly appreciate all your hard work you've done for us already. hope you will continue to delight us.

please do enjoy the dvd.

hXXps://mega.nz/folder/Vg0mGJRB#xVlAU2x_SOlFHvKkl_jfMQ

cheers C&D
Last edited by Chuck and Dave on Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Chuck and Dave wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:06 pm no need to feel offended, dear cliftdean74. i think most people (me included) here on beatlegdb truly appreciate all your hard work you've done for us already. hope you will continue to delight us.

cheers C&D
Thank you, Chuck and Dave! My comments were really just directed at the comedy team of Somnar & journeyman. I'll keep sharing in spite of that duo.
hkb

Post by hkb »

If some one want this let me know
Attachments
ACDSee_Scan_Thu-Apr-11_15-55-52.jpg
ACDSee_Scan_Thu-Apr-11_15-55-52.jpg (359.73 KiB) Viewed 924 times
ACDSee_Scan_Thu-Apr-11_15-55-03.jpg
ACDSee_Scan_Thu-Apr-11_15-55-03.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 924 times