John Lennon's Jukebox

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
beatlesbelmo

John Lennon's Jukebox

Post by beatlesbelmo »

Curious: Is this a legit release? I see it on Ebay for around $50. Can someone post it here if it is not against the rules?
Attachments
John_Lennon's_jukebox.jpg
John_Lennon's_jukebox.jpg (28.6 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Fungomatto03

Re: John Lennon's Jukebox

Post by Fungomatto03 »

Yes, it is a legit one
C90

Post by C90 »

beatlesbelmo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:56 pm Curious: Is this a legit release? I see it on Ebay for around $50. Can someone post it here if it is not against the rules?
Yes, it was a legit release, I think it was released about the same time as a TV documentary about his portable jukebox he used on tour(!)

You should be able to get a copy for less than $50. Be warned though, some of the tracks are 70s re-recordings and not the originals - I think the Big Three track is one, maybe the Gary US Bonds too. I have a copy somewhere but in storage, not to hand.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3305833 ... ns-Jukebox
slane

Post by slane »

beatlesbelmo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:56 pm Curious: Is this a legit release? I see it on Ebay for around $50. Can someone post it here if it is not against the rules?
It's a legit release. I'll see if I still have it, but I think I got rid of it.

It's only a compilation of tracks that had an influence on Lennon. Might have been ok if they had used all the actual versions that were released back then. But Slippin' And Slidin' by Buddy Holly, for example, doesn't use the posthumously overdubbed version that was released back in 1963 but instead uses Buddy's solo demo that no one had heard back then (and not only that, it's also presented in lousy quality).

I seem to remember that Some Other Guy (The Big Three) is not the original version either. I wouldn't spend more than £5 on it.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

It´s playing on the car stereo these last days, after many years. What a coincidence.

But I´ll tell you what... Music is good, but John´s name on it seems like a bate than anything else. Some tracks are too modern to have had influence on John. I don´t think there´s serious research behind it.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

I thought this was just a television documentary. I didn't thing there was a commercial release. I know in America it was shown on PBS.
beatlesbelmo

Post by beatlesbelmo »

Thanks all. Your information has been helpful.
lennonfan

Post by lennonfan »

It‘s legit.I bought it a long time ago and always thought it made for quite a good listen.