HAPPY EASTER

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
harrythebannister

Re: HAPPY EASTER

Post by harrythebannister »

fab4gear wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:28 am
kontroller wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:25 am
fab4gear wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:19 am Same to You!
Although now in the UK we are supposed to refer to it as the Springtime Holiday, not the Easter Holiday, as it upsets some foreigners that have come to live here!
As you well know, that is absolute bollocks
Your right, It is absolute b*llocks, to me as well, because I have always loved the Easter Holidays & Christmas Holidays & the true Peace & Love meaning of them
& I don't want to see those words vanish, only to be renamed as the Springtime & Festive Holiday & btw. I have no dislike of foreigners living here or in any other country that they want to, as long as they stick to the rules of that Country.
It’s complete and total madness....the UK has become a soft touch. They aren’t so offended by the benefits most of them are getting without paying a penny into the system though. If someone doesn’t like the way the country celebrates these holidays then they can jump on a boat back to where they came from. I hate to think what would happen if we did the same in their country....lol.
Happy Easter and bank holiday to all by the way😁
fabwill

Post by fabwill »

fab4gear wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:19 am Same to You!
Although now in the UK we are supposed to refer to it as the Springtime Holiday, not the Easter Holiday, as it upsets some foreigners that have come to live here!
Your right, It is absolute b*llocks, to me as well, because I have always loved the Easter Holidays & Christmas Holidays & the true Peace & Love meaning of them
& I don't want to see those words vanish, only to be renamed as the Springtime & Festive Holiday & btw. I have no dislike of foreigners living here or in any other country that they want to, as long as they stick to the rules of that Country.
I find this line of argument somewhat bizarre, sitting at home in the UK as I am, on (checks calendar) Easter Monday bank holiday, as specifically defined in legislation[https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/19 ... %20closing since 1875. Should the bank holiday get abolished or renamed, which would require primary legislation, and which to the best of my knowledge literally no-one has ever argued for, then maybe you can cry foul, but until then, you are Chicken Licken and I claim my £5.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The anti Christmas/Easter sentiment is mostly pushed by trendy local councillors who are afraid of their own shadow and losing office. And by corporations like Cadbury who don't want anything to threaten their profits. Nobody in the west actually gets offended by Easter and Christmas unless they are a card carrying atheist. Any more than people get offended by Hanukkah or Chinese New Year. It's all in the minds of a few uptight whites who think they speak for people they've probably never even met.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Nothing to do with Easter,...my wife is from Thailand. But she's been here in the US since the mid-1980's. We celebrate Chinese New Year every year. It's a tradition she brought into my life. We gather with friends and family, collect and display photos of family members since departed, light candles, feast like all get-out, burn money to send it to the afterlife with our loved ones, toss rice for good luck.

I don't get offended when people celebrate Easter or Greek Orthodox Easter, or any other holidays. It's your thing, do what you wanna do.

Even all these years after my Grandfather taught it to me, I still try (mostly) to abide by the golden rule.

Now,....how to celebrate April 1st at work tonight! My whole shift was thinking of calling out sick one by one....as a joke, not to actually do it. The hospital would literally stop.
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

Stupid foreigners spoiling our chocolate egg celebration of the life and death of the greatest Englishman who ever lived - James Chisum. Who died on a hot cross bun for our Cyn.

I tried to have the day off an get paid for it - and even though i did - i bet those pesky Immygants were still getting bennyfits behind me back.

Apparently they pay more in taxes as a whole than they earn in bennyfits - stupid facts gettin in the way of me para-noya!

Anyways i gotta go as some person is invading my castle and taking me holy chocolate eggs!

AND - if ANYONE - tries to steal me opinion away from me - they they can woke off back to their own planet!

piece and luv xx
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

So much gammonism here - I wish it would stop :(
Last edited by Phil_Lip on Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

fabwill wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:14 am

I find this line of argument somewhat bizarre, sitting at home in the UK as I am, on (checks calendar) Easter Monday bank holiday, as specifically defined in legislation[https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/19 ... %20closing since 1875. Should the bank holiday get abolished or renamed, which would require primary legislation, and which to the best of my knowledge literally no-one has ever argued for, then maybe you can cry foul, but until then, you are Chicken Licken and I claim my £5.
fab4gear was actually referring to the situation in his own local area, where business are being coerced and punished by the council for using Christian terms like Easter and Christmas. That is clearly bang out of order and can't be tolerated. This is happening at a local not a national level. Local councils are completely out of control and need to be reigned in. That sort of nonsense is hugely divisive and nobody actually wants it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lemonhead

Post by Lemonhead »

Come on peeps. The good Lord just wished us Happy Easter and it’s descended into this rather unpleasant nonsense. If it’s true that councils are bullying people for saying ‘Easter’ then that of course is totally unacceptable. All I can say is that I’ve lived in the UK for all of my 60 years, I live and work in the most ethnically diverse areas of London, in the most ‘liberal’ (substitute whichever synonym you prefer) environment imaginable, and I’ve literally never heard anybody mention this topic. Ever. There are no doubt some pseudo-lefty councillors who’ve said something stupid, but can we also acknowledge that there are a lot of right-wing journalists and presenters who are paid to whip up ‘culture wars’ to turn people against each other? Anyone wise and decent enough to be a user of this forum, an oasis of sanity and good vibes, can see through this rubbish from whichever direction it comes. Are we quite sure this has nothing to do with April Fool’s Day? Peace and love and Happy Easter!
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Lemonhead wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:21 pm All I can say is that I’ve lived in the UK for all of my 60 years, I live and work in the most ethnically diverse areas of London, in the most ‘liberal’ (substitute whichever synonym you prefer) environment imaginable, and I’ve literally never heard anybody mention this topic. Ever.
Neither have I. It's tin-foil hat conspiracy stuff from ignorant Daily Mail readers - and, I note with dismay, comes with a healthy dose of bash the foreigner, cut their benefits and so on. Pretty objectionable stuff. No-one wants to ban the use of words like Christmas or Easter. It's just delusional paranoia.

There are some people on this thread who I would have thought were a bit more intelligent than this. I read here "The anti Christmas/Easter sentiment is mostly pushed by ... corporations like Cadbury". I just posted this morning a screen shot their own website in which they use the word Easter over and over and over again.

Here it is, live, as of right now, for those who believe this tripe to be true:

01.JPG
01.JPG (70.48 KiB) Viewed 386 times
02.JPG
02.JPG (60.41 KiB) Viewed 386 times
jpgrcat1960

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

It is the Antichrist. thru' WEF who wants to distort Eastor & Christmas

Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, George Soros are Knights!

The Beatles are real the Royality forget the rest :D

Carbon rip off tax in Canada today, more prices up