Abbey Road - France (Come Together fade-in)

Rare and Out of Print needledrops only
bobzilla

Abbey Road - France (Come Together fade-in)

Post by bobzilla »

Continuing with the theme of some country fading a song because of reasons, up next is Abbey Road from France, where for some inexplicable reason someone decided that the initial "shoot me" on Come Together shouldn't be there. So we get a weird, quick, fade-in. It would be one thing if they had decided to remove all of the "shoot me"s from the song, but no, just the first one.
s_Cover - Front.jpg
s_Cover - Front.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 999 times
s_Cover - Rear.jpg
s_Cover - Rear.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 999 times
s_Label - Side 1.jpg
s_Label - Side 1.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 999 times
s_Label - Side 2.jpg
s_Label - Side 2.jpg (944.33 KiB) Viewed 999 times
Artist: The Beatles
Album: Abbey Road
Release Year: 1969
Country of Origin: France
Label: Apple
Catalog Number: 2C 062 04243
Channels: Stereo

Matrix Numbers:
Side A: 04243 A 21B M6 268498
Side B: 04243 B 21B M6 268602

Notes:
  • "Come Together" fade in
  • "Oh Darling" listed as "Oh Darlin" on label
  • "The End" listed as "Ending" on label
  • No "Hey Majesty" on either sleeve
hxxps://we.tl/t-dXv7tZjlOV
A-Caceres

Re: Abbey Road - France (Come Together fade-in)

Post by A-Caceres »

Pretty interesting that they would fade in Come Together. On the original Argentinian Abbey Road LP, they fade out early for that song. I've listened to the Argentinian mix for so long, I was shocked to hear the song to go an extra 20 seconds on the radio.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

bobzilla
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting this one.
Mike
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

A-Caceres wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 pm Pretty interesting that they would fade in Come Together. On the original Argentinian Abbey Road LP, they fade out early for that song. I've listened to the Argentinian mix for so long, I was shocked to hear the song to go an extra 20 seconds on the radio.
I have a vinyl rip on a CD-R of the Abbey Road Argentina LP,and it might be what you mentioned about an early fade out on come together.
Come Together from the argentina stereo LP is 4:14,and Come Together Argentina Mono LP fold-down 4:19
Years ago I download the Beatles Argentina vinyl rips from https://talancasmusic.blogspot.com/ and burn them onto CD-R's.
On this blog there was an abbey road mono LP,and my guess is it was a mono fold-down like the Brazil one.
I read somewhere on the web the SPLHCB Mono LP is a fake mono mix,
and I have no clue if this is true.
Maybe all the Argentina Mono LPS are fake mono.
There were Argentina Stereo & Mono LPS,EPS and Singles collection.
I now realize that was a mistake since all the links have expired on that blog,and I now can't download the files and save them.
Mike
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks for sharing this Abbey Road. Much appreciated.
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks much
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

A-Caceres wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 pm Pretty interesting that they would fade in Come Together. On the original Argentinian Abbey Road LP, they fade out early for that song. I've listened to the Argentinian mix for so long, I was shocked to hear the song to go an extra 20 seconds on the radio.
Interesting! Now I'll have to hunt down an Argentinian copy of Abbey Road. Thanks for the info.
dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

If that's of any interest, I have this French version on cassette. Bought in France in 1989, with the standard packaging from these times (https://www.discogs.com/release/6903460 ... Abbey-Road), but the content of the tape is French, so to speak, as Come Together fades in too. Funny they kept discrepancies like this at a time when the album collection was supposed to be "standardized" and featuring the original UK versions.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

dannysonar wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:45 pm If that's of any interest, I have this French version on cassette. Bought in France in 1989, with the standard packaging from these times (https://www.discogs.com/release/6903460 ... Abbey-Road), but the content of the tape is French, so to speak, as Come Together fades in too. Funny they kept discrepancies like this at a time when the album collection was supposed to be "standardized" and featuring the original UK versions.
I would be interested! I too enjoy finding these little oddities.

My guess as to why the cassette from 1989 also has the fade-in would be because when they went to create the cassette master they already had their "master" tape in their library and didn't see any reason to reach out to EMI to obtain a new master when they already had one. (Possibly not even knowing that the edit was there.)
dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

bobzilla wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm
I would be interested! I too enjoy finding these little oddities.

My guess as to why the cassette from 1989 also has the fade-in would be because when they went to create the cassette master they already had their "master" tape in their library and didn't see any reason to reach out to EMI to obtain a new master when they already had one. (Possibly not even knowing that the edit was there.)
Yes, that seems to be a likely explanation.
Sorry but I don't have the equipment to do a proper rip of the cassette. I only meant to point out that they kept this oddity for a long time, if this info was of any interest to anyone (it was to you, cool ! :))