What's the next? New BBC stuff or BFS Deluxe?

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Cocho68

What's the next? New BBC stuff or BFS Deluxe?

Post by Cocho68 »

Screenshot_20240314-092211_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240314-092211_YouTube.jpg (313.94 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
This new information on the official website is quite curious. Why does Apple focus only on the covers of the 63-64 period and not the other periods? Is the way to "anticipate" a new version of the BBC material? Or maybe the "Beatles for Sail" Boxdeluxe?

Apple is preparing the way for that with this type of advertisements?
Lord Reith

Re: What's the next? New BBC stuff or BFS Deluxe?

Post by Lord Reith »

It's just part of their new marketing strategy. Same as they've lifted the ban for fans uploading their remixes to youtube. They're trying to get some of what Taylor Swift's got going with her fans.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Cocho68

Post by Cocho68 »

Grateful Lord Reith for your comment and point of view
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

Remember that time Macca said, "We don't want to release outtakes because people will get them mixed up with the versions we wanted released" or something like that? Just release all the tapes. Who cares at this point?
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

To be clear though, this is an invitation to bands and musicians to flag up their cover versions. It's not about the Beatles' recordings.
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Cocho68 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:44 pm Why does Apple focus only on the covers of the 63-64 period and not the other periods?
Maybe they want to raise thr profile of that era? I have found that with the latest wave of Beatles canonization has also come an increasing attitude that the real Beatles did not begin until Rubber Soul. Heck, I've seen people complain that the BBC sets only has recordings from "before the Beatles were good", which is a travesty.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I don't think the early Beatles are any less popular in fact I think people generally like many of the early songs better simply because they had more relatable lyrics. I mean, so many post 1966 Beatles songs are about animals or just nothing at all. The hippies loved it but there's nothing for people to relate to in many of those songs anymore. I think that is why Now And Then went down well with the younger crowd. It was a simple message that made sense to them. What are modern audiences meant to make of I Am The Walrus or even Hey Bulldog? It is genuinely baffling to them now that the cultural wave that fostered those kinds of themes has long passed. The later songs that are popular are things like Here Comes The Sun and Hey Jude which, if you take away the late 60s production, could have both been written in 1964.

Okay, maybe some of the earliest "hand holding" songs are a bit twee for modern kids, but things like Can't Buy Me Love, Help!, Got To Get You Into My Life or We Can Work It Out are timeless. They will always appeal to people because they relate to the human experience.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:47 am I don't think the early Beatles are any less popular in fact I think people generally like many of the early songs better simply because they had more relatable lyrics. I mean, so many post 1966 Beatles songs are about animals or just nothing at all. The hippies loved it but there's nothing for people to relate to in many of those songs anymore. I think that is why Now And Then went down well with the younger crowd. It was a simple message that made sense to them. What are modern audiences meant to make of I Am The Walrus or even Hey Bulldog? It is genuinely baffling to them now that the cultural wave that fostered those kinds of themes has long passed. The later songs that are popular are things like Here Comes The Sun and Hey Jude which, if you take away the late 60s production, could have both been written in 1964.

Okay, maybe some of the earliest "hand holding" songs are a bit twee for modern kids, but things like Can't Buy Me Love, Help!, Got To Get You Into My Life or We Can Work It Out are timeless. They will always appeal to people because they relate to the human experience.
Totally agree....... but .... hey dude, "Yellow Matter Custard Dripping From A Dead Dog's Eye" is so deep... it's a cosmic comment on the state of the world through a true prophet's vision of life... anything before this should be forgotten..........
JUST KIDDING FOLKS!
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Yep, I maybe overgeneralized because most of what I read comess from rock aficionados rather than general public. That said, it still find inexcusable that in the book "1001 songs you must hear before you die" the earliest Beatles song is Ticket to Ride. I mean, really?
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:47 am I don't think the early Beatles are any less popular in fact I think people generally like many of the early songs . I mean, so many post 1966 Beatles songs are about animals or just nothing at all. The hippies loved it but there's nothing for people to relate to in many of those songs anymore.
cause the songs have a walrus or whatever in their title, it doesn´t mean its bout animals. what exactly in walrus is bout a walrus. imo the later stuff is much more bout life and how it relates to people. but interesting how everything they did has to be interpretated. I think reality was much simpler. whatever came to their mind had the chance to be part of a song. freud once said: "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". I 2nd that :)