Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Choking Smoker

Re: Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Post by Choking Smoker »

Bumblebee wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:45 pm
dascottjr wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:52 am That's certainly true of the replicas that John "Duff" Lowe got to legally sell in the nineties. But I'd like to think an inner circle copy from Paul in the eighties would actually be playable. If not, then you're basically paying $19,000 for an autograph. In black pen on black paper, no less!
Is that actually Paul’s autograph? It’s signed ‘Paul W’ with a message that says ‘with complements’ as opposed to ‘compliments’.

The seller has some top end items for sale, alas they come with top end prices - £2,000 for a mono Two Virgins with a badly damaged label that someone’s had a go at fixing up. Repair Shop standard it is not. Mind you, he’s had that listed for a few months now so it’s clearly overpriced.
Actually when I looked at it I very much doubted it was Paul McCartney's autograph too. Also the wording was "Signed by Paul" which might allow the vendor an 'out' if it turmed out that it was another Paul who signed/wrote on it.
Lord Reith

Re: Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Post by Lord Reith »

He's withdrawn the item from sale.

Why would it be edited in 1981? It's not very hard to create a fake. I'm not saying he faked it, but his provenance is just "I bought it off a guy who sold me other stuff". Like to see someone try that one at Christies.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene