Birth Of The Beatles, European and US Cuts?

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
silver_2000

Birth Of The Beatles, European and US Cuts?

Post by silver_2000 »

Looking for good quality rips of both the US edit and European edit of 'Birth Of The Beatles" the late 70s Beatles biopic directed by the same person who directed "Return Of The Jedi'.

If you got one or both, send them my way

My gratitude!
ksantus

Re: Birth Of The Beatles, European and US Cuts?

Post by ksantus »

I have a crummy copy off TV from the original airing date, but no way of digitizing it. I'd love a fresher copy of this fim myself, always loved it. It's a bit corny but cool corny. The backing music / band as I recall was kind of cool.

Kevin
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

silver_2000 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:36 am Looking for good quality rips of both the US edit and European edit of 'Birth Of The Beatles" the late 70s Beatles biopic directed by the same person who directed "Return Of The Jedi'.

My gratitude!
I know there's a copy on YouTube friend rip me years ago I've not seen this film since
wasnt Pete Best invloed in it ?
Chris
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I could have sworn I had it, but after looking three times I guess I don't!
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Okay, I now have a not very good 448x640p file in mp4. It's the European edit. Let me know if you want me to link it.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

WOA76 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:43 pm
silver_2000 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:36 am Looking for good quality rips of both the US edit and European edit of 'Birth Of The Beatles" the late 70s Beatles biopic directed by the same person who directed "Return Of The Jedi'.

My gratitude!
I know there's a copy on YouTube friend rip me years ago I've not seen this film since
wasnt Pete Best invloed in it ?
Astrid was involved in the project.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

I downloaded this from YT.
Not sure if its the one you want, but it's the entire movie.

Here ya go:
hXXps://we.tl/t-gjnKfxLWUL
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Gringo557 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:30 pm Okay, I now have a not very good 448x640p file in mp4. It's the European edit. Let me know if you want me to link it.
It's actually not that terrible considering how old it is. Here's the link for this European cut: hXXps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gVfPVvSyYJgIRs27T0eKb3X-BNrZXTan?usp=sharing
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Thank you for this one! I remember watching it on TV when it first came out. It was welcome at the time because there was pretty much nothing around for a Beatles Bio-pic. And the only other Beatle-things happening at the time were Beatlefest and the Beatlemania musical. Lennon was still alive, but none of The Beatles were touring. So it definitely filled a void back then.

Interesting that they were able to use Beatle tunes (unlike the Backbeat movie) but not played by The Beatles themselves. Instead, they were performed by Rain, one of the first Beatle tribute bands.

Also, Pete Best was an advisor on the film. The story of his sacking from the band was related as being due to jealousy by the other band members as opposed to what really happened,...he just wasn't that good of a drummer.

On a side note, the only real downside to this film is that it was produced by DCP. Dick Clark was a notorious SOB who exploited those he liked, and shat on those he didn't. From nearly all personal accounts, the guy was scum, to put it kindly. He was certainly not the friendly congenial guy when the cameras were off.