REQ: BBC You’ll Never Be Sixteen Again

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Captain_Kidd

REQ: BBC You’ll Never Be Sixteen Again

Post by Captain_Kidd »

Does anyone have this excellent BBC radio series in any format? I’ve explored the streaming site and it’s not available anymore. I taped all seven episodes on cassette back when it was originally broadcast, but those went into the shed and duely suffered ‘damp attack’. Sigh..

It's a little off the Beatle track, but a very interesting series. It did include one episode which covered the release of Sgt. Pepper, and provides a fascinating insight into how teenagers perceived it, and 1967 in general, at the time.

I found this description.. “This was a documentary series originally broadcast on BBC Radio in late 1985. Presented by John Peel over seven episodes, it features music, radio and interview clips to tell the story of teenagers in Britain from the aftermath of the Second World War to 1985... The series was repeated on BBC Radio One in November 1986 and again in October 1987”.

I would be humbly grateful if anyone’s got it to upload..
Nimbus

Re: REQ: BBC You’ll Never Be Sixteen Again

Post by Nimbus »

Have you checked archive.org ? Looks like it was rebroadcast on BBC Radio 6 in 2016

hxxps://archive.org/search?query=subject%3A%22You%27ll+Never+Be+Sixteen+Again%22
Holocron

Post by Holocron »

I'm currently holding my breath to see if I can recover around 4tb of radio show recordings in a folder on a 16tb hard drive that's showing a 'fatal error' - if all goes well I will still have these from a BBC 6 Music repeat, but I imagine it will be the weekend before I know for certain.
I'm using Wondershare Recoverit and it's very thorough!
Stuart
Captain_Kidd

Post by Captain_Kidd »

'Fatal errors' can be annoying, if not fatal. Fingers crossed, and thanks!
G
Last edited by Captain_Kidd on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Holocron wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:32 am I'm currently holding my breath to see if I can recover around 4tb of radio show recordings in a folder on a 16tb hard drive that's showing a 'fatal error' - if all goes well I will still have these from a BBC 6 Music repeat, but I imagine it will be the weekend before I know for certain.
Stuart
Beware any software with the word "Wonder" at the start of it. It'll be filled with adware. One of its little tricks is to subtley redirect your internet searches towards its own products.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Captain_Kidd

Post by Captain_Kidd »

Thanks so much MP3J :D, I really wasn't sure if anyone would have this series.

And, yes, we do have to be watchful regarding adware and viruses. Thanks for the reminder LR.
Amoos Bouche

Post by Amoos Bouche »

I can't thank you enough for this reminder of my disgraceful youth. :D SO many memories, oh how i cringed at the early seventies section, :oops: and reveled in in the mention of times and places I frequented. Happy days. If you haven't listened to it I would recommend you do so just to hear the dulcet tones of the late great John Peel. I still vividly remember the day he died.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Holocron wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:32 am I'm currently holding my breath to see if I can recover around 4tb of radio show recordings in a folder on a 16tb hard drive that's showing a 'fatal error' - if all goes well I will still have these from a BBC 6 Music repeat, but I imagine it will be the weekend before I know for certain.
Stuart
Did you recover any of these. Sounds like you may have some gems hidden amongst this.
Amoos Bouche

Post by Amoos Bouche »

Hi Harry, I downloaded MP3j'slink. if you like the reminiscing about the British music scene through 50's onwards. There are some on the Internet archive but I've never listened to see if it is the complete set.

kindest regards,

Amoos.