Four New Films!

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Kando

Re: Four New Films!

Post by Kando »

I remember them giving out free Backbeat movie posters where I saw the film. Pretty sure I still have mine, lol. Can't recall exactly what it looked like though as it has been in storage for so long. Not sure it looks exactly like the ones generally up for sale all over the place either. Regardless, would not exactly be the equal of an original AHDN poster, lol. Don't recall it being great, but 'Birth of the Beatles' maybe seemed like a better movie. Haven't seen that one in ages either though.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:50 pm It sounds like Jurassic Kaili to me.
Will the Bahamas be big enough?
It could be some stealthy Epiphone promo.
But, it's clean!
KC
A Beatles Kaiju movie would be awesome. Like four Godzillian Gargantuans crushing the great cities of the world beneath their Kaiju might. Then there'd be no need for bad Beatle accents, a-la Yellow Submarine. They each would have their distinctive roar so that even off-screen you'd know which Beatle it was.

Stunt actors in larger-than-life monsterfied Beatle suits doing battle in Tokyo!!
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Looking forward to the four Beatles movies coming out telling the story from each of their individual perspectives.

Shot from George's perspective: George sat in the grand living room and wrote a great song while Ringo left the room and went to the toilet.

Shot from Ringo’s perspective: While George was in the grand living room writing a great song, and Ringo was doing his business, Eric Clapton was banging George’s wife in the stall next to Ringo. And they were unashamedly loud about it. 

Sorry....just fleshing out some possible storylines for the upcoming quadro-epic.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

But will it be a FUN film?

How do you tell their story when their lives and career moved at breakneck speed? They never dwelled on anything because they had no time to. Similarly it will be difficult for a historical retelling to dwell on any one event before it is overshadowed by another. And how can you fit it all into even four movies?

It's a bit like making a movie about a drag race. It's all over before you can even begin to start examining it.

Maybe this is all just too ambitious. Focusing on one key period in their lives would be more realistic and provide more opportunity for drama.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Consider if, instead of Peter Jackson, or whomever has been tapped, the project goes through the Apple Corp grand homogenizer. Instead of four films we get one. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. Linear time is blown to smithereens, with bits and pieces from their career sown together in seemingly random order, and from different perspectives. Separated into chapters or sections. Kind of like Pulp Fiction.

I can imagine one of them titled, "The My Bonnie Situation."
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 pm Consider if, instead of Peter Jackson, or whomever has been tapped, the project goes through the Apple Corp grand homogenizer. Instead of four films we get one. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. Linear time is blown to smithereens, with bits and pieces from their career sown together in seemingly random order, and from different perspectives. Separated into chapters or sections. Kind of like Pulp Fiction.

I can imagine one of them titled, "The My Bonnie Situation."
Well that would actually appeal to me a lot more! :)

Anything other than a linear biopic with four lookalikes going through the motions and miming the songs. We've seen that before and it doesn't ever work.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene