Is Abbey Road studio next?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
alphabeatles

Is Abbey Road studio next?

Post by alphabeatles »

I read the news today, oh boy...

hxxps://abc7.com/sunset-sound-hollywood-recording-studio-burglary/14417254/
Bumblebee

Re: Is Abbey Road studio next?

Post by Bumblebee »

alphabeatles wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:54 pm I read the news today, oh boy...

I can’t see Abbey Road being the victim of burglarising by homeless people. It’s in the well heeled St. John’s Wood; to the denizens of that fine neighbourhood, homeless people will be something they read about in the Evening Standard rather than see first hand.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Bumblebee wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:39 pm

I can’t see Abbey Road being the victim of burglarising by homeless people. It’s in the well heeled St. John’s Wood; to the denizens of that fine neighbourhood, homeless people will be something they read about in the Evening Standard rather than see first hand.
I suspected so as well, but here in the US we've taken a quick nosedive, despite the original quality of the neighborhood.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

It’s also not run by the same people who are in charge of California. I can say no more.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Homeless people aren't generally burglers. It's typical of media to try and tar the poor, and imply they are criminals, but think about it. Burglary of a recording studio requires planning, vehicles, the means to hide and sell on whatever's taken and so on. Someone sitting outdoors, under a blanket isn't the type of person who would do that. If they did, they wouldn't be homeless.
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

Burglars could do less damage to Abbey Road than the overseers of this great institution have done already. On a tour of the studios in 2021 I asked an engineer what had happened to the old consoles and gear now they were using 68 track digital. ‘Gave it all away’ he said, ‘to schools and such’. ‘Crikey’ I said, ‘that lot would be worth an absolute fortune now’. ‘Yes’ he said, rather sheepishly.

On the same visit I went to the studio toilet. There were three urinals, on the basis that Paul M would almost certainly have visited the self same toilets I did a bit of a pee in each one so that I could say with certainty that I’d used the same cludgie as a Beatle. And no, I didn’t use the trap.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:20 pm

It’s also not run by the same people who are in charge of California. I can say no more.
Yes, OR and WA too, it's a West Coast thing...
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Mr Bump wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:03 pm Homeless people aren't generally burglers. It's typical of media to try and tar the poor, and imply they are criminals, but think about it. Burglary of a recording studio requires planning, vehicles, the means to hide and sell on whatever's taken and so on. Someone sitting outdoors, under a blanket isn't the type of person who would do that. If they did, they wouldn't be homeless.
I dunno, people are there, building is there, the twain shall eventually meet.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Bumblebee wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:50 pm Burglars could do less damage to Abbey Road than the overseers of this great institution have done already. On a tour of the studios in 2021 I asked an engineer what had happened to the old consoles and gear now they were using 68 track digital. ‘Gave it all away’ he said, ‘to schools and such’. ‘Crikey’ I said, ‘that lot would be worth an absolute fortune now’. ‘Yes’ he said, rather sheepishly.

On the same visit I went to the studio toilet. There were three urinals, on the basis that Paul M would almost certainly have visited the self same toilets I did a bit of a pee in each one so that I could say with certainty that I’d used the same cludgie as a Beatle. And no, I didn’t use the trap.
Great stories! I guess these console people previously worked as tape librarians for the BBC...
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Bumblebee wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:50 pm Burglars could do less damage to Abbey Road than the overseers of this great institution have done already. On a tour of the studios in 2021 I asked an engineer what had happened to the old consoles and gear now they were using 68 track digital. ‘Gave it all away’ he said, ‘to schools and such’. ‘Crikey’ I said, ‘that lot would be worth an absolute fortune now’. ‘Yes’ he said, rather sheepishly.

Did they still have the coarse toilet paper that the Beatles used to complain about (probably Izal brand)