G101 banned me without warning

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Kando

Re: G101 banned me without warning

Post by Kando »

I got at least one post deleted a couple of weeks ago, or so, which really surprised me. I just happened to check back on a thread I had been participating in, and realized there had been a few new replies, and I had not received any alerts. Turns out someone had complained about download times/limits for a share site being used by the OP, and this got their post, and several others deleted for the comment. Apparently the OP got a bit thin-skinned about this person's post. However, none of the posts I recall were directed at the OP, just the share site. I stated quite emphatically, in my slightly earlier post that I was quite grateful for the shares, and only hoped I could download all of them while the share was still valid. I made sure to show that I was joking about the issue, and included smiley faces, etc. But it got deleted along with what ever others might have popped up afterwards.

Man, I felt a bit like I was back on the SH forum. Makes you feel just a bit paranoid when the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater, lol. Now I feel I have to check various threads on a regular basis just to see if I am still getting alerts for them. So, just to make sure this post is clearly understood, "I, and most others, I believe, realize that many share sites impose limits on length of shares, and even download speeds/limits as well. We know that this has absolutely nothing to do with the people who use the sites for sharing. We also realize there are valid reasons for these limits, and we absolutely, positively, without question, hold no animosity what so ever against said Op's/sharers, etc., nor against the site containing the OP's shares, or its regulators, nor against the share sites themselves". :D ;) :o
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I happen to know Lupine Assassin from elsewhere.
Truth is his shield of choice! Congratulations, L.A.!
KC

@mitchellmichael,
Don't encourage me!
I won't ever satirize the obvious
(THAT's value!)
KC
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:24 am I happen to know Lupine Assassin from elsewhere.
Truth is his shield of choice! Congratulations, L.A.!
KC

@mitchellmichael,
Don't encourage me!
I won't ever satirize the obvious
(THAT's value!)
KC
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Mike
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

Gringo557 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:23 am Do you know which posting got you in trouble?
Yes, I was responding to a George Clinton post, where the author wasn't sure of the exact date or the venue. I found the answer via setlist.fm and posted the link there. Next thing I know, BANG I got banned for a few days before a moderator lifted it and explained the reason. He said the link I attached was presumed to be spam. I shared several links from that site, and this is the first time one triggered a ban.
We all bleed blue from the inside....