The BC-13 vinyl dutch Pressings

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
mitchellmichael

Re: The BC-13 vinyl dutch Pressings

Post by mitchellmichael »

Jay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32 pm If there's any interest I will start needledropping it
I for one would be very grateful if you did. Thanks for being willing to undertake that massive task!
Cheers
Mike
Jay

Post by Jay »

mitchellmichael wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:54 pm
Jay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32 pm If there's any interest I will start needledropping it
I for one would be very grateful if you did. Thanks for being willing to undertake that massive task!
Well, that's good enough for me. 🙂

Judging by the catalogue numbers, at least some of the pressings seem to be Dutch (the ones starting with "A1"). So I guess it's not too far off topic for this thread, even though there's some Swedish pressings in there as well.

I've started ripping tonight and will share each individual album via Google Drive as I finish it.

Resolution will be 16 bit 48 kHz because that's as high as my phono pre-amp will go.

Watch this space.

Last edited by Jay on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Awesome! Thanks again!
Cheers
Mike
Jay

Post by Jay »

I've decided to do the raw captures of the entire box in one go first, and then go over each album afterwards (splitting tracks etc). I will remove loud pops manually, but won't use automatic declicking or EQ. Again, my box is in excellent shape so heavy processing is not necessary. But expect some low rumble between tracks and maybe a few light clicks here and there. I will only clean up really obtrusive pops. I heard one on "With The Beatles" and one or two on "A Hard Day's Night" that stood out.

I expect to be done with the raw files sometimes tomorrow. Then I will start splitting tracks etc. and putting the files up for download. It shouldn't take too long (I have no big plans for this weekend).
jpa

Post by jpa »

Yes the late 70s early 80s Dutch have numbers starting with 1A. I have Help! It’s number is 1A 062-04257.
They are a bit equalized to give more bass than the British Blue Box. It would indeed be wonderful to have a rip of this series.
Jay

Post by Jay »

jpa wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 pm Yes the late 70s early 80s Dutch have numbers starting with 1A. I have Help! It’s number is 1A 062-04257.
They are a bit equalized to give more bass than the British Blue Box. It would indeed be wonderful to have a rip of this series.
My blue box has the same "Help!" catalogue number as yours then. It's a really nice sounding record. Let's hope somebody comes through with the entire series of Dutch pressings. Until then my Swedish hodge-podge box will have to do. Having said that, the Swedish pressings are also very good. Much better than the 1984 UK blue box which sounds really dull and tired IMO.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Numerous years ago, someone sent me the hi-res files of the Dutch BC-13 "Abbey Road" for his project. I'm sorry not to have the others, I can't remember who the sender was, but please feel free to have this one if you want it. 2496, 900 MB. No artwork. Link 7 days: hxxps://we.tl/t-UAKYzqGXBx
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Nine-0-Nine

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Careful! One could easily have a heart attack only seeing a picture like this!
Astrogal

Post by Astrogal »

Jay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:06 pm My blue box has the same "Help!" catalogue number as yours then. It's a really nice sounding record. Let's hope somebody comes through with the entire series of Dutch pressings. Until then my Swedish hodge-podge box will have to do. Having said that, the Swedish pressings are also very good. Much better than the 1984 UK blue box which sounds really dull and tired IMO.
Can you check the matrix number for the Rubber Soul album please?
Jay

Post by Jay »

Astrogal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:32 am
Jay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:06 pm My blue box has the same "Help!" catalogue number as yours then. It's a really nice sounding record. Let's hope somebody comes through with the entire series of Dutch pressings. Until then my Swedish hodge-podge box will have to do. Having said that, the Swedish pressings are also very good. Much better than the 1984 UK blue box which sounds really dull and tired IMO.
Can you check the matrix number for the Rubber Soul album please?
Side 1: YEX 178-2
Side 2: YEX 178-3

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure about Side 2. The 8 could also be a 9. Only the top half is visible. So it's YEX 178-3 or YEX 179-3. I'm not an expert on matrix numbers, so I'll refrain from guessing.