MEGAupload can take forever- WORKAROUND

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Kando

Re: MEGAupload can take forever- WORKAROUND

Post by Kando »

Your patience was greatly appreciated. I can almost look myself in the mirror now, lol.

And of course, in going back over previous posts, I see where you had already covered the 'selecting a parent folder will cause all files within it to download' issue. I've edited my following posts so anyone else might be spared. Just another case of my tunnel vision. Geez, I'd probably a magician's best friend, lol.

Anyways, got a somewhat thorough 'notepad' explanation file on all of this completed and saved, along with a link back to this thread, so I guess I am good to go. 'Happy Beatlegs' to all.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's actually pretty simple to use. The problem is that most of us are not used to typing commands so we don't know all the syntax. Thus one wrong letter screws everything up. Add to that the actual instructions are useless.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

That's why I always do what Kando mentioned: notepad.

With every command line program I encounter, once I work out the command I put it in a notepad file.

For example with a thing called ffmpeg you can do a bunch of stuff with audio and video but it's a nightmare until you work put the syntax.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Egg_Crisis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:15 pm That's why I always do what Kando mentioned: notepad.

With every command line program I encounter, once I work out the command I put it in a notepad file.

For example with a thing called ffmpeg you can do a bunch of stuff with audio and video but it's a nightmare until you work put the syntax.
Me too but there aren't many CL programs I use. Demucs is the only one that I used regularly. That was a complete PITA to install and get up and running.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene