MEGAupload can take forever- WORKAROUND

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Egg_Crisis

Re: MEGAupload can take forever- WORKAROUND

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Just type
megatools dl LINK

That's DL not D1.
And replace LINK with the mega link for the download.

And the file downloads into the megatools folder yes.
Kando

Post by Kando »

Well, I did as instructed, but no joy, lol. The megatools spouts out several lines of info, but no downloading appears to happen. At least I certainly can't find any signs of it anywhere. Unless it's secretly downloading to some weird folder deep in my windows system, lol.

Listen I appreciate the help, I really do, but maybe it just isn't worth wasting your time on this, sorry.

I've started using the Urban VPN plug-in today, and that has possibly got me past the download limits issue, so I was able to finish downloading a bunch of stuff in no time flat, including video material.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

I find Mega better on my andoid phone/tablet for downloads.
Kando

Post by Kando »

Well, the only real problem I ever really had were the download timeouts during occasional extensive downloads. Thought I would try the megatools thing just to see how it worked, but I guess it was not meant to be, lol. But since I have installed Urban VPN I have had no issues at all, and seem to be downloading large files in record time. Now if only I had a hd about 10 times larger than the one I do, ha, ha.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'll go through it again for you. Open the folder where megatools is installed, the:

- right click on megatools.exe and click "run as administrator". If nothing happens, try:

- right click on "megacmd.bat" and click "run as administrator".

- in the command window that opens, paste your link like so:

Code: Select all

megatools dl -- - hxxps://mega.nz/file/VhskXaqZ#VWesndNfelASDJWASD5oKPj9rp1g
Then press ENTER. After a few moments it will begin downloading the file to that folder.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Kando

Post by Kando »

LR: Thanks for the effort to help with this. I keep getting the feeling that I have somehow overlooked something very basic that was previously stated, but I somehow did not grasp, or overlooked. I just did what you recommended, but again, no joy, lol.

Trying the .exe file (administrator or not) only flashes the cmd window, and it instantly disappears.

Trying admin on the .bat file gets me a cmd window, but with this cmd line: C:\Windows\System32>
and nothing works with it at all.

Just double clicking the .bat file gets me a cmd window with this: C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>

Now, just for absolute simpleton clarification, lol, do you use any spaces between 'megatools Dl' and the LINK, or not?

And that is 'megatools Dl(small L)' correct, as Egg_Crisis mentioned previously, correct?

I have tried with and without a space and get the very same results, for a random Mega.nz file, as follows:

C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>megatools Dl hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Q4ZkSDBS#OffXuBp ... r/ctZmjLRb
Usage:
megatools dl [--no-progress] [--path <path>] <links>...
megatools dl --path - <filelink>
megatools df [--free|--total|--used] [--mb|--gb|-h]
megatools ls [-e] [-h] [--header] [-l] [-R] [-n] [<remotepaths>...]
megatools test [-f|-d] <remotepaths>...
megatools export <remotepaths>...
megatools get [--no-progress] [--path <path>] <remotepaths>...
megatools get --path - <remotefile>
megatools put [--no-progress] [--path <remotepath>] <paths>...
megatools copy [-n] [--no-progress] --local <path> --remote <remotepath>
megatools copy [-n] [--no-progress] --download --local <path> --remote <remotepath>
megatools mkdir <remotepaths>...
megatools mkdir /Contacts/<contactemail>
megatools rm <remotepaths>...
megatools rm /Contacts/<contactemail>
megatools reg [--scripted] --register --email <email> --name <realname> --password <password>
megatools reg [--scripted] --verify <state> <link>

Run: megatools <command> --help for detailed options for each command.

megatools 1.11.1 - command line tools for Mega.nz
Written by Ondrej Jirman <megous@megous.com>, 2013-2022
Go to http://megatools.megous.com for more information

C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>

You don't actually have to have a Mega.nz account and password, do you? I did not see that mentioned previously.

If I ever get this solved at least it might help some other poor sole who is afraid to even try it, lol. And I really do appreciate someone trying to help with this, really. :D :oops:
MUR

Post by MUR »

Kando wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:26 pm LR: Thanks for the effort to help with this. I keep getting the feeling that I have somehow overlooked something very basic that was previously stated, but I somehow did not grasp, or overlooked. I just did what you recommended, but again, no joy, lol.

Trying the .exe file (administrator or not) only flashes the cmd window, and it instantly disappears.

Trying admin on the .bat file gets me a cmd window, but with this cmd line: C:\Windows\System32>
and nothing works with it at all.

Just double clicking the .bat file gets me a cmd window with this: C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>

Now, just for absolute simpleton clarification, lol, do you use any spaces between 'megatools Dl' and the LINK, or not?

And that is 'megatools Dl(small L)' correct, as Egg_Crisis mentioned previously, correct?

I have tried with and without a space and get the very same results, for a random Mega.nz file, as follows:

C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>megatools Dl hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Q4ZkSDBS#OffXuBpZ8hvdrwtBQq06og/folder/ctZmjLRb
Usage:
megatools dl [--no-progress] [--path <path>] <links>...
megatools dl --path - <filelink>
megatools df [--free|--total|--used] [--mb|--gb|-h]
megatools ls [-e] [-h] [--header] [-l] [-R] [-n] [<remotepaths>...]
megatools test [-f|-d] <remotepaths>...
megatools export <remotepaths>...
megatools get [--no-progress] [--path <path>] <remotepaths>...
megatools get --path - <remotefile>
megatools put [--no-progress] [--path <remotepath>] <paths>...
megatools copy [-n] [--no-progress] --local <path> --remote <remotepath>
megatools copy [-n] [--no-progress] --download --local <path> --remote <remotepath>
megatools mkdir <remotepaths>...
megatools mkdir /Contacts/<contactemail>
megatools rm <remotepaths>...
megatools rm /Contacts/<contactemail>
megatools reg [--scripted] --register --email <email> --name <realname> --password <password>
megatools reg [--scripted] --verify <state> <link>

Run: megatools <command> --help for detailed options for each command.

megatools 1.11.1 - command line tools for Mega.nz
Written by Ondrej Jirman <megous@megous.com>, 2013-2022
Go to http://megatools.megous.com for more information

C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\megatools-1.11.1.20230212-win64>

You don't actually have to have a Mega.nz account and password, do you? I did not see that mentioned previously.

If I ever get this solved at least it might help some other poor sole who is afraid to even try it, lol. And I really do appreciate someone trying to help with this, really. :D :oops:

1.Why do you use big 'D' in you line if in the 'usage' there is no variant with big D?
2.Why do you use path with hxxps? Of course it is incorrect. (Unless it is this site who automatically converted https to hxxps in your message)
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes, don't use a capital D. It is megatools dl, not megatools Dl. What it spewed out there is the instructions because it doesn't understand your command. I tried it with a capital D and it did the same thing.

So, like this will deffo work:

Code: Select all

megatools dl hxxps://mega.nz/file/VhskXaqZ#VWXxoQrCTn5oKPj9rp1g
Of course no hxxps because the forum changes tt to xx.
Kando

Post by Kando »

Okay, I swear to God I have just entered the TZ. Yes, I did use a capitol D in that case, probably because I had just looked back at Egg_Crisis's reference to DL not D1, so that was just a temporary mind fart. :oops:

As for the hxxps, apparently the site does transcribe https to hxxps automatically. I certainly did not do that myself, as I had copied it directly from the website link, while I was in an open Mega.nz file page. Learn something new all the time.

Okay, and now for the kicker, my hand to God, I have tried downloading files, as I described, several times previously with no luck what so ever. I SWEAR! And yet now I do it again, after reading your guys posts, and suddenly the damn thing works. I swear that I have generally used the small 'd', but may have occasionally used a large 'D' by mistake once in awhile after having just checked the Egg_Crisis post for reference. Not their fault at all, just that I kept zeroing in on the 'DL not D1' remark, lol.

Okay, just for anyone else who constantly has to deal with God's little jokes, I just entered another link exactly as follows:

megatools dl hxxps://mega.nz/folder/Q4ZkSDBS#OffXuBp ... r/ctZmjLRb

The cmd window then pauses, with no further lines of any kind until it actually starts downloading from the chosen link. I have done so from both the link where the direct tracks are listed, and from the link that just shows the single album folder and shows nothing else. Megatools downloaded exactly the same tracks and miscellaneous files from inside the Album folder regardless of which Link I used. Megatools downloads the tracks directly into the Megatools folder that contains the files such as the exe and bat files. That's right, you suddenly have a bunch of track and other miscellaneous files, from the Mega.nz site, inside that folder. They were all shown at the top of the folder page in my case. At the same time as the tracks, etc. are downloading the cmd window starts writing new lines regarding each of the files being downloaded

That's it. Yes, it does work, and in a rather simplistic/easy manner, lol

Thank you LR for pursuing my particular possible stupidity, and for possibly causing God to lay off me for a minute or two, lol. This is definitely a useful tool for those that may need it.

We now return you to our regular programming.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Okay glad you got it working! Command line stuff can be torture sometimes. They assume a certain level of competence which many people don't have. For example, I still can't figure out how to get it to download to a different folder. I enter the folder path as they say but it throws a tantrum. However, I am happy for it to download wherever it likes so long as it works! And it's 10x easier than faffing about with the mega site. I can just download something in the background without mega using all my memory and slowing everything down.