Question for Collectors

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
FileUnderT

Question for Collectors

Post by FileUnderT »

How many visitors to this forum actually print off sleeves, burn Dvds and CDs Vs. Store everything on external drives and view/play?

I'm curious!

The physical product would certainly take up a lot of space.
Choking Smoker

Re: Question for Collectors

Post by Choking Smoker »

I must admit that I never create physical media these days but I do file everything away and even play it from time to time. I think collector is the correct word because there's definitely a large element of want to have every version of everything in it.
monkeesfan1965

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

I ripped all the old discs I collected from Bootleg Zone years ago. I kept scans if they were available, searched the web for ones I could get. At one time, I had over 250 cds traded from the Zone! SOme of you may remember me there. I also made a boot of Paul's Live MSN stream under the "labe" Choking Smokers lol
Here's a link to Way Back:
hXXps://web.archive.org/web/20170725180055/hXXp://bootlegzone.com/user.php?action=vutrade&userid=5750
Attachments
DDBD.JPG
DDBD.JPG (24.34 KiB) Viewed 945 times
BOOTLEG_2_LOGO.JPEG
BOOTLEG_2_LOGO.JPEG (682.77 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Last edited by monkeesfan1965 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"please tell your mother I am not a bum. I am a musician"
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Nowadays I keep almost everything on an external disk. But my old CDs from trading days are still here.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

I collect only Vinyl, everything else I keep as digital files.
I also do not save every single bootleg as it was created, but search my files to see if I have a particular song or performance and store it that way.
Thank you to EVERYONE who contributes here.
I do my best to contribute what I think might be relevant to other members here and share it.

We must be in heaven man!
What we have in mind is breakfast in bed for 400,000!

Kevin
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

When I first got into all this I bagged the 30 Days set and all the Purple Chick deluxe editions, and yep, all of those were burned to disc and covers printed etc. It's still nice to have them, and occasionally I will burn something for in-car listening, but it's almost entirely a pc hobby now. Got massive archves of everything which would never be feasible to make into physical format.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

billylentz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm Nowadays I keep almost everything on an external disk. But my old CDs from trading days are still here.
Same

I have 100's of CDR's in my attic for which I printed all the artwork to try to make them look like the originals.
It took me way too long to realize I was never playing them.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

I never store or keep audio on my pc. Maybe for a week i do. Most everthing that i download goes onto cassettes.I have an old computer that is Windows Vista which is obsolete. Its a pain in the ass, but it still works O.K. Except it does not recognize WeTransfer or Mega. And sometimes i can't get audio either from Google-Drive. Half the time it does, the other half No.
maccafan1

Post by maccafan1 »

I keep stuff on SSD for a while, move to external SSD then burn some, over the years I have burned hundedrds of DVD and CD and still prefer to watch and listen this way but do have a USB in my car full of all sorts of Beatles and Macca now
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

I do have many sets thatI’ve created and are in my collections